GTInspector errors

Alejandro Infante
Hello,
I have been using GTInspector a lot lately and I think it is a great tool. Even though, sometimes I have to go back to the old inspector. Sometimes an inspector tab raise an error and instead of having a single unusable tab, or a inspector with less tabs I get no inspector at all.

Have anyone had this problem before?
In case you need help with this issue, how can I contribute?

Cheers,
Alejandro

Re: GTInspector errors

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 11 Dec 2014, at 22:15, Alejandro Infante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I have been using GTInspector a lot lately and I think it is a great tool. Even though, sometimes I have to go back to the old inspector. Sometimes an inspector tab raise an error and instead of having a single unusable tab, or a inspector with less tabs I get no inspector at all.
>
> Have anyone had this problem before?
> In case you need help with this issue, how can I contribute?

The first step is a good bug report, a reliably repeatable expression to inspect that gives an unusable inspector.

> Cheers,
> Alejandro

Re: GTInspector errors

Alejandro Infante
In a Pharo4 image, just inspect:
        Slot new

That raise the error I described before. But the issue should be repeatable for any tab error, like trying to inspect a Roassal view object that crashes when visualized.

Cheers,
Alejandro

> On Dec 11, 2014, at 6:24 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 11 Dec 2014, at 22:15, Alejandro Infante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> I have been using GTInspector a lot lately and I think it is a great tool. Even though, sometimes I have to go back to the old inspector. Sometimes an inspector tab raise an error and instead of having a single unusable tab, or a inspector with less tabs I get no inspector at all.
>>
>> Have anyone had this problem before?
>> In case you need help with this issue, how can I contribute?
>
> The first step is a good bug report, a reliably repeatable expression to inspect that gives an unusable inspector.
>

>> Cheers,
>> Alejandro

Re: GTInspector errors

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 11 Dec 2014, at 22:35, Alejandro Infante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In a Pharo4 image, just inspect:
> Slot new

I just got an error and no inspector, because Slot is not capable of building all the required panes. That is not too bad, but not good enough either. The good panes should still come up.

> That raise the error I described before. But the issue should be repeatable for any tab error, like trying to inspect a Roassal view object that crashes when visualized.
>
> Cheers,
> Alejandro
>> On Dec 11, 2014, at 6:24 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On 11 Dec 2014, at 22:15, Alejandro Infante <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have been using GTInspector a lot lately and I think it is a great tool. Even though, sometimes I have to go back to the old inspector. Sometimes an inspector tab raise an error and instead of having a single unusable tab, or a inspector with less tabs I get no inspector at all.
>>>
>>> Have anyone had this problem before?
>>> In case you need help with this issue, how can I contribute?
>>
>> The first step is a good bug report, a reliably repeatable expression to inspect that gives an unusable inspector.
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Alejandro