GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

12

GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

EstebanLM
… that :)
Which means that now we have a long way to polish them until Pharo4 release.

Please test and provide feedback :)

Esteban

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Max Leske
Oh yeah!!

On 30.09.2014, at 14:51, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> … that :)
> Which means that now we have a long way to polish them until Pharo4 release.
>
> Please test and provide feedback :)
>
> Esteban

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Andrei Chis
Cool.

Now I found the first bug :)
Seems that there is a problem with declaring variables in a playground. Fixing it now

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh yeah!!

On 30.09.2014, at 14:51, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> … that :)
> Which means that now we have a long way to polish them until Pharo4 release.
>
> Please test and provide feedback :)
>
> Esteban

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Tudor Girba-2
Lovely :)

Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

EstebanLM
remember you will have to give me a 1.0.1 config version :P

On 30 Sep 2014, at 15:00, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Cool.

Now I found the first bug :)
Seems that there is a problem with declaring variables in a playground. Fixing it now

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh yeah!!

On 30.09.2014, at 14:51, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> … that :)
> Which means that now we have a long way to polish them until Pharo4 release.
>
> Please test and provide feedback :)
>
> Esteban

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Andrei Chis
Could I also just provide you with a slice?
Right now Moose is still on Pharo 3 and baselines (not versions) are used to load more or less everything.
So as soon as I'll commit something incompatible with Pharo 3 it will break Moose.

I can also provide a version but then I'll have to commit the changed mcz elsewhere.
Not sure which is the best option.

@Doru how far are we from moving Moose to Pharo 4?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
remember you will have to give me a 1.0.1 config version :P

On 30 Sep 2014, at 15:00, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Cool.

Now I found the first bug :)
Seems that there is a problem with declaring variables in a playground. Fixing it now

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh yeah!!

On 30.09.2014, at 14:51, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> … that :)
> Which means that now we have a long way to polish them until Pharo4 release.
>
> Please test and provide feedback :)
>
> Esteban

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Andrei,

We are a couple of weeks away from releasing Moose.

Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

EstebanLM
we are moving to configurations… conceptually, you *could* give us an SLICE, but a config would be a lot better.

Esteban

On 30 Sep 2014, at 15:14, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Could I also just provide you with a slice?
Right now Moose is still on Pharo 3 and baselines (not versions) are used to load more or less everything.
So as soon as I'll commit something incompatible with Pharo 3 it will break Moose.

I can also provide a version but then I'll have to commit the changed mcz elsewhere.
Not sure which is the best option.

@Doru how far are we from moving Moose to Pharo 4?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
remember you will have to give me a 1.0.1 config version :P

On 30 Sep 2014, at 15:00, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Cool.

Now I found the first bug :)
Seems that there is a problem with declaring variables in a playground. Fixing it now

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh yeah!!

On 30.09.2014, at 14:51, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> … that :)
> Which means that now we have a long way to polish them until Pharo4 release.
>
> Please test and provide feedback :)
>
> Esteban

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Andrei Chis
I also like configurations much more but now I need to find a way to keep Moose running on both Pharo 3 and 4 :)

Can I say in a version that I want a particular package to be loaded form a certain repository?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
we are moving to configurations… conceptually, you *could* give us an SLICE, but a config would be a lot better.

Esteban

On 30 Sep 2014, at 15:14, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Could I also just provide you with a slice?
Right now Moose is still on Pharo 3 and baselines (not versions) are used to load more or less everything.
So as soon as I'll commit something incompatible with Pharo 3 it will break Moose.

I can also provide a version but then I'll have to commit the changed mcz elsewhere.
Not sure which is the best option.

@Doru how far are we from moving Moose to Pharo 4?

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
remember you will have to give me a 1.0.1 config version :P

On 30 Sep 2014, at 15:00, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Cool.

Now I found the first bug :)
Seems that there is a problem with declaring variables in a playground. Fixing it now

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh yeah!!

On 30.09.2014, at 14:51, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> … that :)
> Which means that now we have a long way to polish them until Pharo4 release.
>
> Please test and provide feedback :)
>
> Esteban

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Tudor Girba-2
Sure. You just specify a repository.

Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Andrei Chis
Simple enough :)
I'll create then a project Pharo4Integration in the Moose team and commit everything there.

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Tudor Girba-2
Better put it in PharoExtras. The projects under the Moose team are all project repositories.

Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Andrei Chis
ok. I just need access to PharoExtras :)

Andrei

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

EstebanLM
done

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Andrei Chis
thanks :)

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Nicolai Hess
… that :)
Which means that now we have a long way to polish them until Pharo4 release.

Please test and provide feedback :)

Esteban

Great!

How about a new Project category in fogbugz for GTools
or should we use just "Tools"?

Nicolai

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Andrei Chis
I guess a new category would make sense.
It would at least make it easy to find and keep track of those bugs related to the GTools

Nicolai

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

Andrei Chis
Thanks.

Is there a way to get a diff of the changes introduced by this configuration? (something like when working with slices)

Andrei

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
new project GTools created in fogbugz :)

Esteban

On 30 Sep 2014, at 17:22, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

I guess a new category would make sense.
It would at least make it easy to find and keep track of those bugs related to the GTools

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
… that :)
Which means that now we have a long way to polish them until Pharo4 release.

Please test and provide feedback :)

Esteban

Great!

How about a new Project category in fogbugz for GTools
or should we use just "Tools"?

Nicolai

Re: GTools (GTPlayground and GTInspector) integrated

EstebanLM
Hi,

when fixing with configuration, this is the procedure:

1) you have to copy the configuration into the Inbox (so we keep history).
2) You complete the fields: “ConfigurationOf” and “ConfigurationVersion”. In your case, is:

ConfigurationOf = GTPlayground
ConfigurationVersion = 1.0.1

3) *If* you have some preload or postload scripts to execute, you can fill the corresponding fields.

cheers,
Esteban