GTools merging configurations

Andrei Chis
Hi,

For the GTInspector, GTPlayground and GTSpotter we now have distinct configurations.
However, this complicates the integration process with Pharo as a lot of configurations need to be updated.
So we'd like to merge them  in ConfigurationOfGToolkitCore.

What do you think?
This will simplify a lot the integration process.

Cheers,
Andrei

Re: GTools merging configurations

stepharo
I can imagine that well.
Up to you but I think that having modular parts is nice too.
What we should is a way to automatically update configurations.

Stef

Le 14/10/15 22:20, Andrei Chis a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> For the GTInspector, GTPlayground and GTSpotter we now have distinct
> configurations.
> However, this complicates the integration process with Pharo as a lot
> of configurations need to be updated.
> So we'd like to merge them  in ConfigurationOfGToolkitCore.
>
> What do you think?
> This will simplify a lot the integration process.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei

Re: GTools merging configurations

Uko2
In my opinion it depends on the project size. When it’s small and evolves fast you can have everything in one conf. If the projects get big and evolve more slowly, it makes sense to keep them in separate configurations… I think that it’s about time for managing configurations vs time for managing projects.

Also you can make a one conf that relies on 3 others.

I like having baselines, but then you have to still make a conf…

Uko

> On 15 Oct 2015, at 09:48, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I can imagine that well.
> Up to you but I think that having modular parts is nice too.
> What we should is a way to automatically update configurations.
>
> Stef
>
> Le 14/10/15 22:20, Andrei Chis a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> For the GTInspector, GTPlayground and GTSpotter we now have distinct configurations.
>> However, this complicates the integration process with Pharo as a lot of configurations need to be updated.
>> So we'd like to merge them  in ConfigurationOfGToolkitCore.
>>
>> What do you think?
>> This will simplify a lot the integration process.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrei

Re: GTools merging configurations

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 15-10-15 09:48, stepharo wrote:
> I can imagine that well.
> Up to you but I think that having modular parts is nice too.
> What we should is a way to automatically update configurations.

I love modular parts. I see a ripple effect

Stephan

p.s. Alex: this breaks the normalizer RTMultiLinearColorForIdentity.

| data  b s d     |
data := OrderedCollection new.
#(GTDebugger GTInspector GTInspectorCore GTPlayground GTPlaygroundCore
GTSpotter GToolkitCore  GlamourCore Rubric) do: [ :aPackageName |
   data addAll: (('ConfigurationOf', aPackageName) asClass methods
     select: [ :each |
       each selector asString beginsWith: 'version' ]
     thenCollect: [ :method |
       Array
         with: aPackageName
         with: (DateAndTime today - (DateAndTime fromString: (method
stamp substrings second))) days ])].

b := RTTimeline new.

s := RTTimelineSet new.
s objects: data.
s shape color: Color green.
s lineIdentifier: #first.
s start: #second.
s end: #second.
b add: s.

b axisX
   numberOfLabels: 5;
   labelRotation: -45.

d := RTVerticalTickLineDecorator new.
d shape line color: Color white.
b addDecorator: d.

b build.
^ b view

GTversionsCommitted.SVG (42K) Download Attachment

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: GTools merging configurations

Andrei Chis
To return to this conversation, I used more versioner, and, though it still can be improved, it makes creating new versions easier.
So, all in all, for now, we can keep the current configurations as they are.

Cheers,
Andrei