GUI - secondary canvas installation problem

1 message Options

GUI - secondary canvas installation problem

glaukopisignari
Dear all,

I am trying to install a secondary canvas on a VW model built with the Cormas parcel (http://cormas.cirad.fr/indexeng.htm). Being a beginner, and not a programmer, I am having a lot of trouble following the instructions in the VW GUI developmer's guide.

Instead, I have attempted to copy the methods from a different Cormas model that successfully launches secondary canvases from a main GUI.

However, although my primary GUI launches correctly, when I click on my action button to launch my secondary canvas, the window opens on top of / within the primary canvas, not in a window in its own right. Then, when I close the secondary canvas, using a #close action button, I get an #unscheduleModalWindow error.

I have attached some screen dumps of the error message. I've also attached a) pictures of the GUI, b) what it looks like when I open the 'embedded' secondary canvas, c) the method I'm using to open the secondary canvas d) the method I use to create and open the primary canvas e) the instance and class variables of the GUI's class.

I think I'm probably missing a vital set-up step / method, but I'm not knowledgable enough to work out what it is.

Any suggestions, or a (very) layman's translation of the GUI Developer's Guide instructions (pasted below), (particularly step 2) would be most appreciated.

Thanks very much

Deb

GUI Secondary Canvas Instructions:
1 In a method in the application model, create a new UIBuilder.
2 Tell the builder which object will supply its menus, aspects, and other
resources by sending it a source: message. The argument is typically
the application model itself. (Alternatively, you can send a series of
aspectAt:put: messages to install the resources directly.)
3 Create the spec object and add the spec to the builder.
4 Open the window.