GZip support for Smalltalk Servlets

tstalzer
Hi

We are using the Smalltalk Servlet (Subclasses of SstHttpFileServlet,
etc.) Interface as an HTTP Server to distribute content to client
browsers.

In order to speed things up (We may end up in having to distribute
500k Javascript Files) we are thinking about using compressed content
(gzip, etc.) Has anyone done this yet? If not, we would build a
interface to a public library (e.g. zlib) to compress content on the
fly.

Operating system would be windows

Regards

Thomas

Re: GZip support for Smalltalk Servlets

Wayne Johnston
We use classes like ZLibDLL and ZLibLibrary in ZipLibraryApp.  We got the code from http://forums.instantiations.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4916&p=15234&hilit=compress&sid=d6c9656b38e4bd429c00cb4f6db26c3d#p15234 but it looks like the old forum still has all the old attachments missing.  The code ends up using zlibwapi.dll.

Re: GZip support for Smalltalk Servlets

Marten Feldtmann-2
There is an initial wrapper around main functions of zlibwapi.dll available at vastgoodies.com.

Re: GZip support for Smalltalk Servlets