Garage sqlite on pharo > 5

NorbertHartl
Does anyone use Garage SQL drivers with sqlite in pharo >= 5?

thanks,

Norbert

Re: Garage sqlite on pharo > 5

Esteban A. Maringolo
> Does anyone use Garage SQL drivers with sqlite in pharo >= 5?

Garage SQLite driver doesn't work on Pharo 5, the FFI API changed and
Garage wasn't updated to use UFFI.
You have to use Torsten version in UDBC.

Gofer it
        smalltalkhubUser: 'TorstenBergmann' project: 'UDBC';
        configuration;
        load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfUDBC) loadBleedingEdge.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Garage sqlite on pharo > 5

stepharo
Guillermo created Garage because the consortium asked and payed him to
do and I think that he did it well. Now Guillermo does not use any
database during his development and he is busy to work on many important
tasks for Pharo.

I will ask Guillermo to declare Garage as dead and people should not
come and cry that DB is not well supported in Pharo. I never understood
why the code of UDBC was not pushed into Garage.

Stef

PS: So now people can tell me that I'm insulting torsten or whatever.
Feel free. I found the situation quite sad in fact and quite also
discouraging.

Le 17/10/16 à 15:49, Esteban A. Maringolo a écrit :

>> Does anyone use Garage SQL drivers with sqlite in pharo >= 5?
> Garage SQLite driver doesn't work on Pharo 5, the FFI API changed and
> Garage wasn't updated to use UFFI.
> You have to use Torsten version in UDBC.
>
> Gofer it
>          smalltalkhubUser: 'TorstenBergmann' project: 'UDBC';
>          configuration;
>          load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfUDBC) loadBleedingEdge.
>

> Regards,
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Garage sqlite on pharo > 5

philippeback
Why declare that as dead?

It is there and is okay to use.

People can update it if needed.

Why say this?
That's not constructive, man.

We need DB access.
Pharo without DB access is going nowhere in the industry.

Just had a pairing session w/ Doru and guess what? The data I need for Moose/Roassal usage is in a database.

-_O

Phil

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 7:29 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Guillermo Polito

Hi,

I only have to say that at least six months ago I updated garage sqlite to work on pharo 6, with UFFI. And it still works.

I just checked in a new image, pharo6, doing:

- Install Garage Sqlite3

  Gofer it
      smalltalkhubUser: 'DBXTalk' project: 'Garage';
      configurationOf: 'Garage';
      load.

  (ConfigurationOfGarage project version: '0.5')
      load: 'sqlite3'.

- Then I installed sqlite3 32bit library in my machine

sudo apt-get install sqlite3:i386

- Then I created a symlink to my library so the VM can find it:

ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0 libsqlite3

- Finally I configured the tests to run with the Sqlite backend

GAContinuousIntegrationConfiguration new configureSqlite3.

And all tests run...

Esteban, can you test it locally to see if you have any problems?

Norbert, I hope this works for you ^^.

Now, as Stef says, it is a bit complicated on my side to work on database drivers because I do not work using them. But! If something is interested in collaborating, contact me, I will be only positive about it :)

Guille

[...]

I know this is me that paid Guillermo to develop Garage and it was not for us but for the community.

And Guillermo made sure that we can tests all drivers on Jenkins.

Stef