Gardening/ScriptManager

Torsten Bergmann
Below a reply from Joseph. Thanks, I changed the ScriptManager project http://www.squeaksource.com/ScriptManager.html to MIT license.
I think the mail is enough since Joseph already signed the agreement
for Pharo (according to the ListOfOkCommitters on the wiki)!

Maybe Metacello development can profit from Ginsu, dont know. Had no time
to follow all the details at http://code.google.com/p/metacello.

Squeak-dev is currently also discussing the need of a package management system
 (Sake/Bob, Metacello, maybe Ginsu). Time will tell. Would be nice if there
would be only one sharable across Squeak, Cuis and Pharo (and other Smalltalks).

I cant remember all the details of Ginsu beside that it was working (and
dont have a World tour image here) - it had a declarative model similar
to Metacello. If I remember correctly Joseph used XML (simílar to Maven) instead
of a code spec as Metacello does.

Joseph, regarding Ginsu it would be nice to have an MIT release too so others
can have a look. Maybe someone can publish the last world tour image too. Thanks!

Bye
T.

Torsten Bergmann wrote:
[SNIP]>
> If Joseph agrees to have the code as MIT we may also be able to include
> it in the Pharo-dev image.
>
> Bye
> T.
>
> [1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-January/143674.html

Thanks for forwarding this. I'm quite happy with having ScriptManager as
MIT licensed (what do I need to do to make that official?). I don't
remember which license the World Tour stuff was under, but that's been a
loong time. Also, Ginsu is still around and working quite well, when
Pharo finally gets far enough that it would be useful to include it :-)

Cheers

--
Joseph Pelrine [ | ]
MetaProg GmbH

When circumstances change, I change my views. What do you do?
- John Maynard Keynes

--
Nur noch bis 31.01.2010: DSL-Komplettpaket für 16,99 Euro/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

Re: [Pharo-project] Gardening/ScriptManager

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks Torsten....so it means that we can put it in PharoDev if people like it. I checked the overrides and it has
perform: selector orSendTo: otherTarget

External packages loaded in Dev image are supposed not to have overrides, but I don't know.

Opinions ?

I tried and works ok, but I can still see the problem with the Beeper. I tried to commit the fix but of course, I didn't have access.

Mariano