Gardening/ScriptManager

1 message Options

Gardening/ScriptManager

Torsten Bergmann
Mariano wrote on pharo-dev mailing list:
>I didn't know ScriptManager, but seems to be very cool. I remember
>having something VERYYYY similar in VAST. However, in this case it was
>cooler becuase it was stored in the "user slot" of ENVY.

Hi Mariano,

To say it with your words: hahahahha ;)

ScriptManager was originally done by Joseph Pelrine (author of the
Mastering Envy/Developer book, known from Scrum, ...). He also worked with
John Sarkela on the Squeak World Tour project (an early attempt to clean
up Squeak). This mail goes CC: to Joseph and John.

Interesting enough so also ScriptManager continues to live similar
to other ideas of the Squeak world tour in Pharo.
(see the gardening post from John [1])  Thats just cool!

However, I cleaned up the _ assignments and the beep. The package was renamed
to "ScriptManager-Core" and moved the code to an own squeaksource project:

    http://squeaksource.com/ScriptManager

If one need access (more cleanups, tests) tell me. There is now also a
configuration for Metacello.

To use ScriptManager from Pharo by Metacello just evaluate

        Gofer new
                squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
                package: 'ConfigurationOfScriptManager';
        load.

        ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfScriptManager) project version: '1.0') load.

and select World menu: "Tools" -> "More" -> "ScriptManager".

If Joseph agrees to have the code as MIT we may also be able to include
it in the Pharo-dev image.

Bye
T.

[1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-January/143674.html