classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gateway Time-outs on source.squeak.org

marcel.taeumel
Hi, there.

As of today, I can only perform a single operation after logging in to source.squeak.org. For example, a "Move to Trunk" on the inbox.

Then, I have to log in again because of a gateway time out.

This is frustrating ... -.-"

Best,
Marcel

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gateway Time-outs on source.squeak.org

marcel.taeumel
It is also not possible to update the (mcm) configurations at the moment. No error, but it just does not show up.

Best,
Marcel

Am 09.09.2019 10:13:55 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:

Hi, there.

As of today, I can only perform a single operation after logging in to source.squeak.org. For example, a "Move to Trunk" on the inbox.

Best,
Marcel

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Muller-3
Hi Marcel,

I'm aware of the "Move to Trunk" performance problem.  I think it's an easy fix, I just need to find time to do it and test it and deploy it.  The code is not too bad if anyone else wants to take a crack at it.

Installer new merge: #squeaksource

As for the other issue, I just checked on the server and, indeed, the Mutex problem had struck again -- a bunch of backed up Process objects waiting on the one synchronizing Mutex at the front of the line, stuck for the last 3 days.  Server requests since then were only waiting (stuck), and not replying.  The server uses a 2016-era version of the Spur VM.

Best,
  Chris

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 3:48 AM Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is also not possible to update the (mcm) configurations at the moment. No error, but it just does not show up.

Best,
Marcel

Hi, there.

Best,
Marcel

Reply | Threaded
|

marcel.taeumel
Hi Chris,

I am still not able to update Trunk configurations. I just tried to upload "update-mt.453.mcm" and it does not show up.

Trunk builds are broken at the moment. "MonticelloConfigurations" have to be pushed below "Tools". And version numbers should be updated.

Best,
Marcel

Am 10.09.2019 02:00:57 schrieb Chris Muller <[hidden email]>:

Hi Marcel,

I'm aware of the "Move to Trunk" performance problem.  I think it's an easy fix, I just need to find time to do it and test it and deploy it.  The code is not too bad if anyone else wants to take a crack at it.

As for the other issue, I just checked on the server and, indeed, the Mutex problem had struck again -- a bunch of backed up Process objects waiting on the one synchronizing Mutex at the front of the line, stuck for the last 3 days.  Server requests since then were only waiting (stuck), and not replying.  The server uses a 2016-era version of the Spur VM.

Best,
  Chris

Best,
Marcel

Hi, there.

Best,
Marcel

Reply | Threaded
|

marcel.taeumel
Patrick (pre) just updated the update map as required. Not sure why SqueakSource rejected my change... :-)

Best,
Marcel

Am 12.09.2019 13:20:53 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:

Hi Chris,

I am still not able to update Trunk configurations. I just tried to upload "update-mt.453.mcm" and it does not show up.

Trunk builds are broken at the moment. "MonticelloConfigurations" have to be pushed below "Tools". And version numbers should be updated.

Best,
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Best,
  Chris

Best,
Marcel

Hi, there.

Best,
Marcel

Reply | Threaded
|

timrowledge
In reply to this post by marcel.taeumel
Having similar issues today loading personal squeaksource; a timeout in the http fetching methods. If you're (Marcel) wanting to make that nice looking load/update/startup system resilient it may take some creative exception handling to find out what is happening and restart etc. Always fun to make work...

tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Cashew:  nut that makes you sneeze

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Muller-3
In reply to this post by marcel.taeumel
Hi Marcel,

I did some investigating on the server.  I found these entries in the log:

2019-09-12T11:15:58.125222+00:00 PUT /trunk/update-mt.453.mcm (mt)
  2019-09-12T11:23:54.681303+00:00 PUT /trunk/update-pre.453.mcm (pre)
  2019-09-12T11:24:03.604443+00:00 update-pre.453 of trunk --> committed to ss.magma

There should've been a commit message for yours.  The fact it didn't, and the fact you didn't get a response both suggest it had an exception upon trying to process your .mcm before it got to the part where it saves.  Below is basically all what it does.  Please substitute "aString", below, with the total literal contents of your update-mt.453.mcm file, and do-it.  My guess is, it'll blow somewhere.  It would be nice if either the Squeak client and/or SqueakSource server would provide you better error-handling in that situation.

(MCMcmReader
on: aString readStream
fileName: anUrl) version repositories do: [ : each | each description ]

Please let me know how that goes, because I did make a change to a critical method yesterday, and I *thought* I may have broken something.  But I reviewed it again, very closely, and I can't see any problem with it.

Best,
   Chris

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 6:28 AM Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Patrick (pre) just updated the update map as required. Not sure why SqueakSource rejected my change... :-)

Best,
Marcel

Am 12.09.2019 13:20:53 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:

Hi Chris,

Best,
Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Best,
  Chris

Best,
Marcel

Hi, there.

Best,
Marcel

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Muller-4

(MCMcmReader

I think "anUrl" isn't related, you can probably make a fake one or emtpy string.. 

Reply | Threaded
|

marcel.taeumel
Yeah, on of my recent changes in Collection >> #printElementsOn: broke .mcm generation. :-)

Fixed that regression in Collections-mt.854.

Best,
Marcel

Am 13.09.2019 03:49:43 schrieb Chris Muller <[hidden email]>:

(MCMcmReader

I think "anUrl" isn't related, you can probably make a fake one or emtpy string..