GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.3, VSD 5.1.1, GBS 8.1 and 5.4.3, and GBJ 3.1.2 Releases

GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.3, VSD 5.1.1, GBS 8.1 and 5.4.3, and GBJ 3.1.2 Releases

Richard Sargent
Administrator
Dear GemTalk customers,

We are pleased to announce several important releases on our GemStone/S
64 Bit, GemBuilder for Smalltalk, and GemBuilder for Java product lines.

GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.3 is a major release, including many new features,
improvements, and bug fixes.
https://gemtalksystems.com/products/gs64/

This server release includes the latest Visual Statistics Display (VSD)
release, version 5.1.1.
https://gemtalksystems.com/products/vsd/

GemBuilder for Smalltalk 8.1 for VisualWorks adds support for GemStone/S
64 Bit 3.3 and includes new features and bug fixes.
https://gemtalksystems.com/products/gbs-vw/

GemBuilder for Smalltalk 5.4.3 for VA Smalltalk adds support for
GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.3 and VA Smalltalk 8.6.2, and includes bug fixes.
https://gemtalksystems.com/products/gbs-va/

GemBuilder for Java 3.1.2 adds support for GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.3,
updates the supported JDK version, and includes new features and bug fixes.
https://gemtalksystems.com/products/gbj/

As always, we encourage you to read the Release Notes and Install Guides
prior to upgrading to these latest product releases.
Please contact GemTalk Technical Support if you have any trouble
downloading or upgrading to this release.

Thank you,
The GemStone/S team

Re: GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.3, VSD 5.1.1, GBS 8.1 and 5.4.3, and GBJ 3.1.2 Releases

GLASS mailing list
Just a note that I have a GsDevKit_home release[1] in the oven that
includes a bit of support for GemStone 3.3, namely support for cloning
the Zodiac repository and loading Zodiac as part of tODE.

With that said, there is no reason for GemStone 3.3 to function just
fine with an older version of GsDevKit_home.

  Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/pull/58

On 02/10/2016 03:29 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
> Just a note that I have a GsDevKit_home release[1] in the oven that
> includes a bit of support for GemStone 3.3, namely support for cloning
> the Zodiac repository and loading Zodiac as part of tODE.
>
> With that said, there is no reason for GemStone 3.3 to function just
> fine with an older version of GsDevKit_home.
With that said, there is no reason for GemStone 3.3 to function just
fine with an older version of GsDevKit_home :)

Dale

Re: GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.3, VSD 5.1.1, GBS 8.1 and 5.4.3, and GBJ 3.1.2 Releases

GLASS mailing list
One more time:) ... go ahead and use 3.3 with older versions of
GsDevKit_home, if you want.

Dale