GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.4.2 release

GLASS mailing list
Dear GemTalk Customers,

We are pleased to announce the release of GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.4.2, an
important maintenance release including feature enhancements and
fixes for a number of bugs. We encourage all GemStone/S customers
to upgrade to this release.

Downloads and documentation for this release can be found at:
https://gemtalksystems.com/products/gs64/

In addition, GemTalk is now providing Community Edition licensing for
GemBuilder for Smalltalk, when used with the Community Edition
GemStone/S 64 Bit server. See:
https://gemtalksystems.com/announcements/2018/08/community-license-for-gbs/

Please contact GemTalk technical support if you have any trouble
downloading or upgrading.

Thank you!
The GemStone/S team

Re: [GemStone-Smalltalk] GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.4.2 release - questions

GLASS mailing list
Hi,

This is great news. I have several questions.

1) Does this work with the Visual Age open-source licence in addition to the academic licence?

2) Does this also work with tODE at the same time?

3) How does this play with Envy and Git?

Regards

Reg

> On 14 Aug2018, at 8:03 PM, Lisa Almarode via GemStone-Smalltalk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear GemTalk Customers,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.4.2, an
> important maintenance release including feature enhancements and
> fixes for a number of bugs. We encourage all GemStone/S customers
> to upgrade to this release.
>
> Downloads and documentation for this release can be found at:
> https://gemtalksystems.com/products/gs64/
>
> In addition, GemTalk is now providing Community Edition licensing for
> GemBuilder for Smalltalk, when used with the Community Edition
> GemStone/S 64 Bit server. See:
> https://gemtalksystems.com/announcements/2018/08/community-license-for-gbs/
>
> Please contact GemTalk technical support if you have any trouble
> downloading or upgrading.
>
> Thank you!
> The GemStone/S team

Re: [GemStone-Smalltalk] GemStone/S 64 Bit 3.4.2 release - questions

GLASS mailing list
GLASS mailing list wrote
> Hi,
>
> This is great news. I have several questions.
>
> 1) Does this work with the Visual Age open-source licence in addition to
> the academic licence?

Yes.

> 2) Does this also work with tODE at the same time?

I don't know. tODE is hosted in a Pharo client and GBS does not run on
Pharo. In terms of the server, their use should be orthogonal (neither
interfering nor complementing).

> 3) How does this play with Envy and Git?

GBS has nothing to do with version control. It doesn't interfere with
whatever VCS you are using in the client Smalltalk. Nor does it do anything
to help.

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html