GemStone/S

Gary Chambers-4
Having investigated the virtual appliance (GLASS) http://seaside.gemstone.com/ for a potential upcoming project...
It is in shocking state with regard to maintenance duties...

We will be trying a native install with Pharo, of course.

The question is whether anyone is interested in collaborating with producing some decent GUI tools for doing general administration tasks (backups, recovery, archival etc.)?

 A lot of scope for taking the pain out of maintaining such an environment...

Regards, Gary

Re: GemStone/S

Alexandre Bergel
Hi Gary,

> Having investigated the virtual appliance (GLASS) http://seaside.gemstone.com/
>  for a potential upcoming project...
> It is in shocking state with regard to maintenance duties...
>
> We will be trying a native install with Pharo, of course.

Cool!

> The question is whether anyone is interested in collaborating with
> producing some decent GUI tools for doing general administration
> tasks (backups, recovery, archival etc.)?

This is not directly related, but I had to raise my voice. I am
interesting in enhancing the UI of Mondrian.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: GemStone/S

Danie Roux
Gary,

> The question is whether anyone is interested in collaborating with producing some decent GUI tools for doing general administration tasks (backups, recovery, archival etc.)?

Its not GUI tools but its quite decent. Subjectively speaking of
course: http://github.com/ottobehrens/gemstone-scripts

I am much more comfortable with command line management of my
production environments :-)

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix - http://danieroux.com