GemTools login error with Pharo1.1.1.

dario trussardi
Hi,

with the download GemTools-1-3.0-beta.8-244x.app i can set my session and login to GemStone version '2.4.4.1'  server .

                The relative  GemTools Launcher is update to : - >=1.0-beta.8 [ConfigurationOfGemTools] )

I download a Pharo1.1.1 and load

        Gofer new
            squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
            package: 'ConfigurationOfGemTools';
            load.
  (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGemTools)
        perform: #loadLatestVersion.

The  GemTools Launcher is update to : - >=1.0-beta.8.4 [ConfigurationOfGemTools]

I copy into Pharo/Resources/ the gciForMacinthos.so  and   libgs64-244.dll  from GemTools-1-3.0-beta.8-244x.app

When i do login into GemStone version '2.4.4.1'  server . i found error :

Error: Could not coerce arguments

Gci64bit(Object)>>error:
Gci64bit(Object)>>externalCallFailed
Gci64bit>>apiGciFetchObjImpl:
Gci64bit(GciLibrary)>>localFor:
GciSession>>processResult:
[] in GciSession>>receiverOld:perform:withArguments:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
GciSession>>receiverOld:perform:withArguments:
GsJadeServer(GsObject)>>doesNotUnderstand: #registerChoiceClientForwarder:
OBChoiceRequest class>>registerClientForwarderWith:
[] in OBInteractionRequest class>>registerClientForwarders:
[] in OBInteractionRequest class(Behavior)>>allSubclassesDo:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
OBInteractionRequest class(Class)>>subclassesDo:
OBInteractionRequest class(Behavior)>>allSubclassesDo:
OBInteractionRequest class>>registerClientForwarders:
OGSessionNode>>login
OGCmdLoginSession>>execute
PluggableButtonMorphPlus(PluggableButtonMorph)>>performAction

I do the GemTols   Update GemTools Launcher  and select the  >=1.0-beta.8.5  version.

        When do it he system erase the error :

        MetacelloProjectSpecLoadError: No version found for #development of ConfigurationOfMetacelloBrowser

MetacelloMCProjectSpec>>loadVersion:
MetacelloMCProjectSpec>>load
MetacelloProjectReferenceSpec>>loadUsing:gofer:
[] in MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
OrderedCollection>>do:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
[] in MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
MetacelloLoaderPolicy>>pushLoadDirective:during:
MetacelloLoaderPolicy>>pushLinearLoadDirectivesDuring:for:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader>>linearLoadPackageSpecs:repositories:
MetacelloFetchingMCSpecLoader(MetacelloCommonMCSpecLoader)>>load
MetacelloMCVersionSpecLoader>>load
MetacelloMCVersion>>executeLoadFromArray:
[] in [] in MetacelloMCVersion>>fetchRequiredFromArray:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
[] in MetacelloMCVersion>>fetchRequiredFromArray:
[] in MetacelloPharoPlatform>>do:displaying:
[] in [] in ProgressInitiationException>>defaultMorphicAction
BlockClosure>>on:do:

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !

        Dario

Re: GemTools login error with Pharo1.1.1.

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

I have had trouble using GemTools on the Mac when running with a pharo version later than Pharo1.0 ... I have tried a number of different things and haven't figured out what is wrong, so for the MAC you need to use Pharo1.0 (that's what the GemTools one-click is based upon).

Dale