GemTools on remote GLASS

dario trussardi
Hi,

i,m interested to test my GLASS application on remote host.

Anybody have experience of  GLASS web housing in Italy - Europe ?

Some time ago i do test from Italy  to slicehost IP into USA and i found answer time double ( relative to USA request ).

Another  question is relative to the performance of GemTools for: update / change / debug the code on remote system.

It's valid solution or the answer times are bad ?

There's another solutions to manage "test " on remote system  ?

Thanks for any considerations,

        Dario

Re: GemTools on remote GLASS

SeanTAllen

> Another  question is relative to the performance of GemTools for:        update / change / debug                 the code on remote system.
>
> It's valid solution or the answer times are bad ?

Answer times are slow. debugging isnt pleasant. Basic update and
change while not snappy is bearable as long as you arent doing too
much.

> There's another solutions to manage "test " on remote system  ?

I do a full backup of the extent and recreate locally.

>        Dario

Re: GemTools on remote GLASS

Stephan Eggermont-3
We currently have a GLASS application on slicehost. Ping time is about
200ms from the
Netherlands. That means I have to run the GemTools on the slicehost
and use a remote
compressed X over ssh to have acceptable UI performance.
For production we'll move to europe, the current favorite isp is
Hosteurope.
Ping time there is 35 ms.

You might want to read the thread starting 2009-11-18 Updates to
slicehost slow?

Stephan

On 27 mei 2010, at 13:09, Dario Trussardi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i,m interested to test my GLASS application on remote host.
>
> Anybody have experience of  GLASS web housing in Italy - Europe ?
>
> Some time ago i do test from Italy  to slicehost IP into USA and i
> found answer time double ( relative to USA request ).
>

> Another  question is relative to the performance of GemTools for:
> update / change / debug the code on remote system.
>
> It's valid solution or the answer times are bad ?
>
> There's another solutions to manage "test " on remote system  ?
>
> Thanks for any considerations,
>
> Dario

Re: GemTools on remote GLASS

jgfoster