Gemstone64/S 3.0

federico.mennite@lifeware.ch
Hi,
I've spent a couple of hours testing the the gemstone alpha that is
delivered with Maglev.
I'm pleased to learn that for some of our computional needs VM runtime
speed increases from 4 to 5 times!

I really can't resist to ask whether it is known when Gemstone64/S 3.0
is going to be released.
I remember a while back, reading something somewhere about end 2008.
Any news?

Regards,
Federico

--
Federico Mennite
Software Engineer

Re: Gemstone64/S 3.0

federico.mennite@lifeware.ch
Allen,
the GS version we're currently using is GS64 2.2.5.1
I've run the test on the same Dell/Intel hardware for both 2.2.5.1 and
3.0 (from maglev 23508).
The OS is SLES10.

The test performed involves basic small and large integer operations.
Are there any alpha windows client libraries? I could try to push more
of our code and testcases from VW to GS3.0 and provide a more meaningful
comparison.

Regards,
Federico

--
Federico Mennite      Tel:       +41 91 611 17 35
Software Engineer     Fax:       +41 91 611 17 39