Gemtools in Seaside 3.0

1 message Options

Gemtools in Seaside 3.0

Ted Wrinch
Hi All,

Do we have any progress on Gemtools for Seaside 3.0 (based on Pharo 1.2) and the Cog'ed VM?

I have tried the one-click download from Gemstone (GemTools-1.0-beta.8-244x.app, apparently based on Pharo 1.1) and it runs a very strange memory image on my MacBook Air: 31MB real mem, 286MB virtual (but the current 1.1.1 one-click is similar with 37/286). This kills performance, fex: it takes 10 seconds to open a Metacello repository, and even bringing up the world menu takes a few seconds.

I've tried loading the latest Gemtools - which I take to be the latest ConfigurationOfGemstools from the Metacello repository at squeaksource - into Seaside 3.0 but it fails with:

preloadDoitForPharo11

        Preferences allowUnderscoreAssignmentSetting: true.

If I remove this line and set the 'allow underscores' in the preferences to true and continue it fails further down the line with other errors (the OB was involved I seem to recall).

I think it would really help to have Gemstools in Seaside 3.0 as 3.0 is faster, smaller and now the Seaside base for the foreseeable (at least according to the team).

T.

Ted Wrinch