Gemtools netldi problem

Sebastia Van Lacke
Hi all, I have a problem connecting the gemtools client to glass server.
I get "Unable to create a GemStone session.
NetLDI service ''50378'' not found on node ''174.143.172.210'':
Nonblocking connect(174.143.172.210,port=50378) failed to complete.'

I have started the netldi service executing "startnetldi -g -a glass -p 50378:50378"

The details of gslist are:

gs64ldi
  status=  exists
  type=    Netldi
  version= 2.3.1
  owner=   glass
  started= Feb 14 19:01
  pid=     3843
  port=    36923
  options=  -g -a glass -p 50378:50378
  logfile= /opt/gemstone/log/gs64ldi.log
  GEMSTONE=/opt/gemstone/product

Any idea?

Thanks

Sebastian

--

sebastian van lacke | web developer caesar systems | see clearly. decide smarter.

[hidden email] | t: +1.281.598.8790 | t: +54.11.4389.0126 | petrovr.blogspot.com | www.caesarsystems.com

This message and any attached documents contain information from Caesar Systems LLC that may be confidential/trade secret and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by reply e-mail and then delete this message.

Re: Gemtools netldi problem

Dale Henrichs
Sebastian,

In your startnetldi, you didn't specify the "primary listening port". The '-p' option specifies the range of ports that have been opened up in your firewall to be used when a gem is started. The "primary listening port" is the port that the netldi process itself listens on.

So I think you should stop the netldi and try again with something like the following

  startnetldi -g -a glass -p 50378:50378 50377

The in your session description for GemTools using "50377" in the netldi field:

  OGStandardSessionDescription new
        name: 'glass';
        stoneHost: '<hostname>';
        stoneName: 'glass';
        gemHost: '<hostname>';
        netLDI: '50377';
        userId: 'DataCurator';
        password: 'swordfish';
        backupDirectory: '';
        yourself.

Alternatively, given that the current netldi process is listening on port '36923', you would specify the GemTools session this way:

  OGStandardSessionDescription new
        name: 'glass';
        stoneHost: '<hostname>';
        stoneName: 'glass';
        gemHost: '<hostname>';
        netLDI: '36923';
        userId: 'DataCurator';
        password: 'swordfish';
        backupDirectory: '';
        yourself.

Dale

| Hi all, I have a problem connecting the gemtools client to glass
| server.
| I get "Unable to create a GemStone session.
| NetLDI service ''50378'' not found on node ''174.143.172.210'':
| Nonblocking connect(174.143.172.210,port=50378) failed to complete.'
|
| I have started the netldi service executing "startnetldi -g -a glass
| -p 50378:50378"
|
| The details of gslist are:
|
| gs64ldi
| status= exists
| type= Netldi
| version= 2.3.1
| owner= glass
| started= Feb 14 19:01
| pid= 3843
| port= 36923
| options= -g -a glass -p 50378:50378
| logfile= /opt/gemstone/log/gs64ldi.log
| GEMSTONE=/opt/gemstone/product
|
| Any idea?
|
| Thanks
|
| Sebastian
|

| --
|

| sebastian van lacke | web developer | caesar systems | see clearly.
| decide smarter.
|
| [hidden email] | t: +1.281.598.8790 | t:
| +54.11.4389.0126 | petrovr.blogspot.com | www.caesarsystems.com
|
| This message and any attached documents contain information from
| Caesar Systems LLC that may be confidential/trade secret and/or
| privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read,
| copy, distribute or use this information. If you have received this
| transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
| telephone or by reply e-mail and then delete this message.

Re: Gemtools netldi problem

Nick
Hi Sebastian,

In case you haven't solved this issue yet. In my installation there are two scripts:

startnet
startnetldi

Confusingly you need to use 'startnet' and stopnetldi. 'startnet' passes the correct parameters to 'startnetldi'. I've had connection problems when I've used 'startnetldi' inadvertently . Could this be your problem?

Nick