[General] [ANN] HTML Layout and Rendering Engine for Morphic is now shipping

[General] [ANN] HTML Layout and Rendering Engine for Morphic is now shipping

ALT Mobile DEV

Hi,

A new release of our Web 2.0 developer tools are now shipping.
Included is the "HTML Layout and Rendering Engine and a Form Editor
for Morphic" that I announced here:

http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/pipermail/general/20080127/000004.html

To ease development of LK apps, I've bundled a copy of LK. We include
an embedded web server, so it's a complete web development environment
for building Web mash-ups with LK clients :-)

Since LK is in flux, we haven't ported all of our mash-up tools to LK
and consequently there is no formal product documentation. I'll blog
with samples over the weekend.

And here's the blog announcement:

http://web.mac.com/altmobile/altmobile_blog/ALT_Mobile_Blog/Entries/2008/3/21_Announcing_XML_Studio_v7.3.html

I am pleased to announce that version 7.3 of the <alt> XML Studio is
now shipping. Featuring the industry's first commercial Comet
developer tools, the XML Studio breaks new ground in the development
and testing of Web 2.0 applications.

Developers can now build and test real-time streaming mash-up
applications. Version 7.3 embeds a copy of the upcoming <alt> Dynamic
Mashup Server  which uses a custom version of Grizzly, the Comet
technology from Sun.

In addition to its Web 2.0 server support, version 7.3 of the XML
Studio adds mash-up developer support for 3 new Web 2.0 client
technologies: Mozilla Prism (the single-site browser (SSB) technology
from Mozilla Labs, Sun's Likely Kernel (a JavaScript/SVG web
programming environment from Sun Labs), and Microsoft's WebSlices (a
new feature of Internet Explorer 8).

Previous versions of the XML Studio introduced mash-up developer tools
for Opera Widgets, Apple Dashboard Widgets, Adobe AIR, Microsoft Vista
Sidebar Gadgets, RSS mash-up feeds, Yahoo! Pipes, Google Gadgets,
JavaFX Script, and Safari on iPhone.

Version 7.3 of the XML Studio also adds new capabilities to its Web
3.0 semantic web developer tools. Now, our RDF mash-up meta data
includes support for SSML-- the W3C standard for speech synthesis. By
explicitly including text-to-speech technology in our mash-up RDF
definitions, we hope that both the visually impaired and non-English
speaking users will become full participants in the mash-up revolution.

The <alt> XML Studio is available for Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows
Vista, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE, Ubuntu, and Solaris.

To download a copy of the <alt> XML Studio, visit http://altmobile.com/Home.html

--Zaid

ALT Mobile

http://altmobile.com/Home.html (web site)
http://web.mac.com/altmobile (official blog)

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[General] [ANN] HTML Layout and Rendering Engine for Morphic is now shipping

ALT Mobile DEV
Sorry that should have been: "...since LK is in flux, we haven't
ported..."

and not "...since LK rted..."

http://web.mac.com/altmobile (official company blog)