[General] Chrome Shines

Dan Ingalls-5
Hi Folks -

I just put in a patch to handle the Chrome border bug (at least
superficially) and it now looks really right.

        - Dan

[General] Some success with Chrome

Merik Voswinkel-2
Hi,

Right after the Chrome patches the page http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/repository/lively-wiki/server-install.xhtml
  started crashing my Safari 4  Public Beta. Other pages still work
fine (and very fast!).

Unrelated:
In FireFox 3.0.7 on Mac OS X I now get a "no console! console output
disabled"@every Lively Kernel page. When you click OK the pages do
load ok.

Thank you all for the great work, highly enjoyable!

Merik

On Apr 15, 2009,@3:28 PM, Merik wrote:

> In FireFox 3.0.7 on Mac OS X I now get a "no console! console output
> disabled"@every Lively Kernel page. When you click OK the pages
> do load ok.
The page load never ends, however. Also never happened before.

Chromium 0.1, the port of Chrome to Mac OS X does display the http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/repository/lively-wiki/index.xhtml
  page,
  but then gives these "failure to Propfind http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/repository/lively-wiki/
  code 400" errors.
Other pages load and display, then crash Chromium before the full page
has loaded.
Be aware that Chromium 0.1 is not ready yet, it can only deal with
'basic' html pages.
I only describe it here because it does indeed already displays and
work some of the time. And about as fast as Safari 4 Beta.
Drag and drop, resize, moving between worlds, it all works fine.

Merik

[General] Some success with Chrome

Philip Weaver
Hi Merik,

Lively has been patched for the likely cause of that Safari 4 crash - but
it's not in the wiki's codebase yet. I reduced font sizes on that page to
help prevent the crash - I'm not seeing the crash you're seeing but it could
be some other cause.