[General] Copy-and-paste, backspace

Adam Spitz
Is anybody working on getting copy-and-paste to work using the
system's clipboard? (I see some code in Text.js that looks like it's
trying to make copy-and-paste work within LK, but it'd be nice if I
could paste text from other applications.)

I just spent a little bit of time trying to make this work using
Safari's oncut/oncopy/onpaste event handlers, but I haven't gotten it
to work yet, and I'm getting a bit frustrated. :) If someone else is
working on this, I'll leave it - otherwise maybe I'll take another
crack@it.

I'm guessing this is a very low priority for you guys. :) I wouldn't
waste my time on it, if I were you. But still, I figured I'd ask.

Adam

P.S. Does anybody know what's causing that bug where the Backspace key
makes the browser go back, in Safari on Windows? I see that there's
code in Text.js that explicitly tries to handle this, and it works
fine on my Mac, but not on Windows.

[General] Copy-and-paste, backspace

Krzysztof Palacz
Hi Adam,
        On the contrary, we'd love to have system copy&paste working, and I
spent some time on it but I got frustrated as well.... Looks like
there are browser APIs for both C&P and D&D, and they seem to work in
HTML. Unfortunately that's the end of good news. XHTML support seems
to be spotty, and, AFAIK, SVG support is nonexistent (the oncopy/
onpaste  events never fire on SVG elements).
Presumably it could be possible to register handlers on the XHTML
element enclosing the SVG canvas (presumably in the capture phase) and
use Lively Kernel's logic to figure out which Morph should handle it.
I don't remember now if I tried it and it didn't work or I've never
tried... If you'd like to give it a try, it'd be awesome ...

        The backspace problem has also been reported, I left it out since I
don't develop on Windows, but we should fix it... If find a solution,
please let us know...

        Krzysztof