[General] If I were King of Lively.

1 message Options

[General] If I were King of Lively.

Peter Fraser
If I were King of Lively, I might decide to leave popularity to the
politicians, and remain focussed on my quest for the grail.

Either way, I would banish all evangelists from my Kingdom. There is too
much evangelism in the world, and not enough pastoralism.

To be popular
-------------
Being a popular King, means having to have a good answer to a question
like: "our school only uses IE and Flash, and even if we installed a
supported browser, Lively feels sluggish and the kids find it fiddly to
use"   -which isn't even a question.

"Where is the debugger" is a question; but isn't any easier to answer.

Yes, I am saying that Lively isn't ready for the prime-time. Lively
doesn't have to be *quite* as crisp to use as a trinket implemented in
Flash, but it has to be closer. Lively doesn't have to offer all the
bells and whistles of a Visual Studio, Dreamweaver or Squeak  -but it
has to be closer than it is now.

There are lots of interesting possibilities for getting there quickly I
think, but they amount to the usual Kingly strategy:  LIE ,CHEAT,  STEAL
AND KILL.

I'll post details on each over the next couple of days, as I get a
chance to trim my ramblings down a little.

Pete F
(gerbil)