[General] LK 9.0 on Batik/Rhino (hangs on Chrome on a Mac)

[General] LK 9.0 on Batik/Rhino (hangs on Chrome on a Mac)

Richard Karpinski
I waited in vain, for hours and hours on my MacBook Pro using Chrome beta
release.

--
Dick Karpinski, Nitpicker extraordinaire
148 Sequoia Circle,

[General] LK 9.0 on Batik/Rhino (hangs on Chrome on a Mac)

Chris Cunnington-4
Same here. It didn't seem to work, though I would have liked to have seen
it.

Chris

<[hidden email]>wrote:

> I waited in vain, for hours and hours on my MacBook Pro using Chrome beta
> release.
>
> --
> Dick Karpinski, Nitpicker extraordinaire
> 148 Sequoia Circle,
> Santa Rosa, CA 95401
> Home: 707-546-6760
> http://nitpicker.pbwiki.com/

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[General] LK 9.0 on Batik/Rhino (hangs on Chrome on a Mac)

Curt Cox
I consistently get less than 5 minutes for startup in Firefox on Ubuntu for
the Batik LK applet.  During that time, CPU use is only moderate, so perhaps
it could be drastically cut by using pack 200.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/deployment/deployment-guide/pack200.html

Also, I though I heard about a Java2D based version in one of the videos.
That seems like a great way to improve speed and decrease startup time.
Does anyone have a feel for how much work is required to get that
functional?