[General] Lurkers and Shirkers: we need workers!

[General] Lurkers and Shirkers: we need workers!

Shiki Okasaka
Hi folks,

So far I could not have contributed the Lively Kernel project@all,
but I really want to see Lively Kernel version of the Croquet [0]
implementation. The web browsers are going to support Web Sockets [1],
WebGL [2], etc., there seems to be no reason that the Lively Kernel
cannot move even forward, and if there is anything that blocks the
development in Web APIs, I think it should be raised to W3C community
to investigate what are missing.

[0] http://www.opencroquet.org/index.php/Main_Page
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/websockets/
[2] http://www.khronos.org/news/press/releases/khronos-webgl-initiative-hardware-accelerated-3d-graphics-internet/

Best,

 - Shiki Okasaka

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009@1:14 PM, Dan Ingalls <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey, Lively Folks -
>
> Suppose you had entire command of the Lively Kernel Project; ?what
> would you do to get some momentum going in the community?
>
> It seems to me that most of the hard work has been done@this
> point, but something is preventing everyone from picking it up and
> getting involved. ?What should we do?
>
> Thanks
> ? ? ? ?- Dan

[General] Lurkers and Shirkers: we need workers!

Dan Ingalls-5
Hi, Shiki -

Sounds like you are a ringer for the O3D port ;-)

        - D