[General] New Trac-based site -- easy access to the latest

1 message Options

[General] New Trac-based site -- easy access to the latest

Dan Ingalls-3
Folks -

As many of you will have noticed, we have moved most of our activity
to a Trac-based Wiki and SVN repository.

The upside of this is that if you want to run our very latest code
all you have to do is click on...

        http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/repository/lively-kernel/trunk/source/kernel/index.xhtml

This will throw several errors with huge notifiers on the screen, but
you just click OK and they go away.  The notifiers are a result of
not having proxies for some off-site web references, and we haven't
taken the time to tone down them down yet.

This will give you a taste of what's to come in 0.9 or whatever we
call this release we're planning to do in December.  You will find
lots of stuff that we can talk about in the coming little while:  A
bit of Fabrik, a bit of Tile Scripting, a bit of Pie menus, and a bit
more spiffiness like gradients, drop shadows in the hand, animated
window collapse, etc.

Also,@that same URL (http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/), you can
get to the sources, read the history and  updates as they come along,
and maybe even find some documentation.

Naturally, we plan to make all of this beautiful and well-documented,
but we keep finding more urgent or more entertaining things to do
:-(.  That's where you come in.  Needless to say, we're always
interested in contributions to our appearance, documentation and
code.  Now that you have better access, perhaps you'll get sucked
into some of this fun.

        - Dan, as scribe

PS:  Those comments about the name in my earlier message.  I didn't
really mean them.  I've spent too much time with the trademark
lawyers already.  I just mean we *think* of it as "Lively".  You knew
that.