[General] Note ZOOMII.com

Richard Karpinski-2
A friend pointed me@http://zoomii.com which he says is 14,000 lines
of JavaScript. Is it a Lively Kernel application? It uses and connects
with Amazon while presenting books as if they were in a physical store,
but offers handy access to much more information than a brick and mortar
store can provide.

I still want to try out the JustGo idea shown on my website. It is
supposed to make a zoom world even easier to explore by not needing any
clicks to wander about and see stuff. Lively Kernel seems like a great
way to explore this notion but I get stuck right away and can't even
tell how to put text into text boxes or edit such text.

Is any manual for LK anticipated in the next few months?

Dick

--
Richard Karpinski, Nitpicker  [hidden email]  http://Nitpicker.PBwiki.com
148 Sequoia Circle, Santa Rosa, CA 95401-9177

[General] Note ZOOMII.com

Bob Courchaine
Dick, i'm pretty sure zoomii is built using the flare framework
(http://flare.prefuse.org/) which is a Flex/Flash (ActionScript) version
of the Prefuse lib. Looks very much like some demos i've seen.

Prefuse is a Java lib i think that is built on top of AT&T/Bell Lab's
Graphviz work (http://www.graphviz.org/) which is primarily a discrete
math lib that exposes graph theory very nicely.

Bob