[General] Other browsers

Adam Spitz
Oh, another question: How far away is LK from being able to run well
on Firefox and IE? If I wanted to help make that happen, what could I
do?

Adam

[General] Other browsers

Dan Ingalls-3
>Oh, another question: How far away is LK from being able to run well
>on Firefox and IE? If I wanted to help make that happen, what could I
>do?

Hi, Adam -

The very latest beta of FF runs LK decently, as does the 3.0 release as well.

We are working to make LK able to run in IE using the Examotion SVG plugin.

It would be great if you wanted to play around a bit with this.  We  have it already putting bits on the screen.  I hereby introduce you to Krzysztof (whom you probably remember), and who has inherited some changes that Tommi Mikkonen made to get things this far (Tommi's on vacation for a month).

Krzysztof, perhaps you could eyeball Tommi's changes, and either forward them to Adam with a bit of explanation, or put them out to this list, in case others might want to join in the fun.

Or put them in the new repository, hehe, and tell everyone about that.

        - Dan

[General] Other browsers

Andy Burnett
Unfortunately, LK only half runs in FF 3.0.  And, I mean that quite
literally. Only the top half of the screen gets drawn.  Everything appears
to be working correctly, I can see the top of the piston moving up and down,
but nothing beyond about 150 px below that.  I am running on OSX 10.5.3.

Cheers
AB

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008@3:23 PM, Dan Ingalls <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >Oh, another question: How far away is LK from being able to run well
> >on Firefox and IE? If I wanted to help make that happen, what could I
> >do?
>
> Hi, Adam -
>
> The very latest beta of FF runs LK decently, as does the 3.0 release as
> well.
>
> We are working to make LK able to run in IE using the Examotion SVG plugin.
>
> It would be great if you wanted to play around a bit with this.  We  have
> it already putting bits on the screen.  I hereby introduce you to Krzysztof
> (whom you probably remember), and who has inherited some changes that Tommi
> Mikkonen made to get things this far (Tommi's on vacation for a month).
>
> Krzysztof, perhaps you could eyeball Tommi's changes, and either forward
> them to Adam with a bit of explanation, or put them out to this list, in
> case others might want to join in the fun.
>
> Or put them in the new repository, hehe, and tell everyone about that.
>
>        - Dan

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[General] Other browsers

Krzysztof Palacz
Hi,
        We've seen this problem in Opera but not in Firefox so far. I believe
this might be a timing issue, we may be asking for the size of the
screen available to LK before the browser has fully computed it. This
would explain why the same Firefox behaves differently on different
machines.

If you look in index.xhtml, the top level SVG element declared in it
has the attribute height="%100". If you hardcode a concrete value of
height, say, 800pt, it'll likely work as expected. We have some
workaround code in main() that tries to detect when height is less
than 100, but apparently fails in your case (perhaps because somehow
FF decided that 100% height means 150pt, which happens to be less than
100).

Frankly I don't know if this is the problem with SVG implementation in
Firefox or my lack of understanding of timing aspects of the spec, so
I'm not sure what the right solution would be. I could try to change
the threshold value in main() from 100 to 200, although I can't
reproduce the problem so I wouldn't know if the fix works. It won't be
any uglier than the workaround we already have in place :)

        Krzysztof Palacz