[General] Punch list for the release

Dan Ingalls-5
Dear Citizens of Lively, Lurkers, and Lively Team -

I want to wrap up a good release of the Lively Kernel in the next week
or so.  Here is a list of things that need to be done:

1.  Document everything that's in it.  i don't mean detailed
documentation, I just mean a "Table of Contents" sort of thing so
surfers will discover that we have, eg, WebDAV code, SVN access code,
OMeta parser, etc, plus some pointers to the half-done experiments
like canvas support, alternative class models, etc.

2.  Bring the home page up to date with regard to such things as
License, etc.

3.  Fix some known bugs, to wit...

*  Dragging objects through wormholes introduces a y-offset.  I caused
this while making the canvas version work.

*  Dragging spinning star and other ticking objects through wormholes
seems to cause extra cals to get put in the scheduler(s), and also
strange behavior with drop-shadows.

*  [canvas] Would be nice to get enough JSON support working to
actually save a canvas page and get it back.

*  [canvas] Need some work with damage rectangles or there may be
errors in some of the browsers.

*  It seems that loading LK no longer works when
Config.loadSerializedSubworlds = false.  Phil's recent message may
point to the solution there

*  Track down why LK no longer runs in Chrome, and put in a work-
around if possible

*  Track down why LK crashes WebKit (and Safari 4 beta), and either
give them enough info to fix it or put in a work-around if possible

*  Ideally have the release run *well* on the latest releases (and
those soon to come) of Safari, Firefox and Chrome.

*  Ditto for the canvas version

*Anyone want to get it running in Opera?  We think it mostly does
except for some JavaScript nits like comma not allowed after last item
in Array and Object literals.

We could probably use TRAC for this, and I'd be happy if anyone wants
to transfer these items to TRAC, but for now, I think it's fine to use
the mail list, and I intend to fix the first two problems related to
wormholes myself in the next day or two.

Lively Up, Guys and let's make it a great release!

        - Dan

[General] Punch list for the release

Philip Weaver
I installed Safari 4 within the past hour. Most of my worlds load fine. The
one which causes Safari 4 to crash has a postscript. Most of the others
(maybe all others) don't. Perhaps this is only an observation and not a
clue. I'll submit more info when it's available.
Also here is a web page which discusses how to allow Safari 4 and Safari 3
coexist on the same system. I have not yet taken these step but probably
will later today.

   - http://www.beatnikpad.com/archives/2009/02/24/safari4-safari3

Philip

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009@2:35 PM, Daniel Ingalls <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Citizens of Lively, Lurkers, and Lively Team -
>
> *  Track down why LK crashes WebKit (and Safari 4 beta), and either
> give them enough info to fix it or put in a work-around if possible
>
>        - Dan

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[General] Punch list for the release

Philip Weaver
Nope, still crashes without the postscript. Apologies - I'll keep looking.
Most of my worlds function OK in Safari 4 and that is nice - I'll track this
one down.