[General] Safari 4 Crash: TextMorph.setFontSize > 24

[General] Safari 4 Crash: TextMorph.setFontSize > 24

Philip Weaver
Setting a font size greater than 24 causes Safari 4 (5528.16) to crash.
Works fine in Safari 3.

TextMorph.subclass('TestTextMorph', {
 initialize : function($super) {
 $super(new Rectangle(0, 0, 500, 500), 'm');
 this.setFontSize(30);
}
});

I don't see any font sizes greater than 24 being applied in the LIvely
codebase. The examples page currently seems to load fine in Safari 4
(5528.16):

   - http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/repository/lively-wiki/example.xhtml

Where else is crashing currently being experienced?

Otherwise, all of my worlds seem to be functioning OK (however I'm wrapping
Main.js in window.onload and have overridden Loader.loadJs to append a
timestamp to the querystring applied to script.src)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[General] Safari 4 Crash: TextMorph.setFontSize > 24

Philip Weaver
Also saw a crash with another component ("widget")@font size 24 and even
22 - just want to mention it. I understand this could possibly be related
to metrics and that 24 is not a special number. :-)

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009@12:18 PM, Philip Weaver <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Setting a font size greater than 24 causes Safari 4 (5528.16) to crash.
> Works fine in Safari 3.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[General] Safari 4 Crash: TextMorph.setFontSize > 24

Philip Weaver
I "doit" in a clean world in the wiki and no crash. I'll have to
troubleshoot within my codebase to see what else (with setFontSize) might be
causing this. Sorry folks.

TextMorph.subclass('TestTextMorph', {
initialize : function($super) {
$super(new Rectangle(0, 0, 500, 500), 'm');
this.setFontSize(30);
}
});
var testTextMorph = new TestTextMorph();
WorldMorph.current().addMorph(testTextMorph);    // this all works fine as a
doit

I'm still curious where Safari 4 crashing has been seen - the index page and
examples pages seem to work great.