[General] Using ChangeSet: TypeError Perhaps Relating to Namespace/Using?

[General] Using ChangeSet: TypeError Perhaps Relating to Namespace/Using?

Philip Weaver
I am getting a type error when I try to instantiate a very simple class
contained in my ChangeSet. My code all works fine locally but I'm loading
from a linked js file and not using the ChangeSet locally. I suspect that
maybe the issue is that I'm not using namespace/using() but hopefully you
can point me in the right direction. It's imperative to me that I keep my
code in packages/namespaces.

I created two wiki pages with very simple ChangeSets. This simplest one
works fine when I evaluate the text in the TextMorph.

   -
   http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/repository/lively-wiki/pweaver-test.xhtml

This one fails with a type error when I evaluate the text in the TextMorph..

   -
   http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/repository/lively-wiki/pweaver-test2.xhtml

I am almost there - getting productive. Thank you so much for your help
Robert and Dan. I have some cool and simple stuff planned: simple TextMorph
for instantiation, cool animated vortex widget for world navigation,
ScrollPane for the world, Flickr gallery widget, buttons, stickies, morph
navigator, translucency, clipping, and masking transistions. But I need to
prioritize between utility in Lively/Morphic and bling.

Thanks,
Phil
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[General] Using ChangeSet: TypeError Perhaps Relating to Namespace/Using?

Robert Krahn
Hi Phil,

the expression fails because you do not pass in the current
WorldMorph. When you do that (http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/repository/lively-wiki/testworld.xhtml
) then everything works fine.

Like I mentioned before you can use this.setOpacity(0.3); instead of
this.rawNode.style.setProperty('opacity', '0.3');

Robert