[General] Visual Composition vs. TDD (was: Re: [Newbies] Re: Test Driven Development)

1 message Options

[General] Visual Composition vs. TDD (was: Re: [Newbies] Re: Test Driven Development)

Markus Gälli-3

Am 06.01.2009 um 20:54 schrieb Jerome Peace:

> [Newbies] Test Driven Development
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
>> Ryan Zerby [hidden email]
>> Mon Jan 5 14:31:26 UTC 2009
>>

>> I've run through "Squeak By Example" and have I was curious what kind
>> of TDD would be appropriate on Quinto.
>
> I got stuck writing a reply to you then I found this:
>
> What's the Simplest Thing that Could Possibly Work?

I dare to say my Quinto with Etoys in six lines of code in Etoys is
simpler than the SBE-version.

http://www.squeakland.org/launcher/?http://www.emergent.de/pub/smalltalk/squeak/projects/lightson.pr

The trick is to make the layout so that neighboring cells overlap each
other a bit.
Then make the corners of the cells rounded so that diagonal neighbors
do not overlap.

BUT: for using my or the SBE version one still needs to install sth.
first -- even if it's Squeak... ;-)
Not so if you used JavaScript:
http://cappuccino.org/learn/demos/LightsOff/

(Official name for Quinto seems to be "Lights out", but everyone seems
to have his or her own version...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lights_Out_(video_game) )

Dan Ingalls and other great folks bring the power of tile scripting
and visual composition to "No-Install"-JavaScript with "lively kernel".
(google for lively sun / I am cross-posting to their list)

Their "lights out" will turn some lights on. Or will it be you who
does it?

Cheers

Markus