[General] evaluateAllButInitializer, evaluateInitializer

[General] evaluateAllButInitializer, evaluateInitializer

Philip Weaver
Main.js is now calling ide methods evaluateAllButInitializer
and evaluateInitializer (instead of evaluating preamble/postscript).

   - http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/viewvc?view=rev&revision=2788

How stable is this api? Also, related, the menu commands "add to preamble"
and "add to postscript" no longer seem to do anything. Will there be or is
there now a command in the UI to add a DoitChange?
Robert, I'll probably soon copy my personal worlds from of the wiki - and
maybe put update them later after the wiki is updated. So obviously no rush
on this from me now because most of my worlds might break. :-)

Thanks,
Phil
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[General] evaluateAllButInitializer, evaluateInitializer

Robert Krahn
Hi, Phil.

There was an update of the sources in the wiki. However, the wiki
worlds and the recent changes are not compatible. I wanted to add some
code which would ensure that the existing worlds would stay compatible
and would be converted but I hadn't time to get this done. I will not
be able to do this before next Tuesday.

The new changes scheme is simpler than the old one: There is an
initializer (simply some JavaScript code) which is run after the world
is loaded (it is the same as the postscript but exist in any local
code definition). The preamble does not exist anymore but all
definitions in the local ChangeSet are loaded before the world is
recreated.

Robert

On Apr 10, 2009,@4:12 PM, Philip Weaver wrote:

> Main.js is now calling ide methods evaluateAllButInitializer and
> evaluateInitializer (instead of evaluating preamble/postscript).
> http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/viewvc?view=rev&revision=2788
> How stable is this api? Also, related, the menu commands "add to
> preamble" and "add to postscript" no longer seem to do anything.
> Will there be or is there now a command in the UI to add a DoitChange?
>
> Robert, I'll probably soon copy my personal worlds from of the wiki
> - and maybe put update them later after the wiki is updated. So
> obviously no rush on this from me now because most of my worlds
> might break. :-)
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

[General] evaluateAllButInitializer, evaluateInitializer

Philip Weaver
Sounds good. Was preparing - yet realized now that many of my worlds are
pointing another Main.js.
Good show on the
countdown<http://livelykernel.sunlabs.com/repository/lively-wiki/robertsCountdown.xhtml>,
Robert!  Your countdown world is cool and inspiring.
Phil