[General] passwords for 0.8b2, 0.8b3

Patrick Mueller

On Jan 29, 2008,@11:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
> it was intentional, the b2 and b3 installations have WebDAV enabled
> and one can save LK worlds back to the server. This has all sorts of
> usability and security implications, so we added this little bit of
> access control while we figure this stuff out.

Of course ... very cool.  I naturally wonder about using CouchDb as a
back-end for this.  Couch only reads and writes JSON documents,
directly, but allows arbitrary binary content to be saved as
attachments to those JSON documents.

Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org/

[General] passwords for 0.8b2, 0.8b3

Dan Amelang
On Jan 29, 2008 10:58 PM, Patrick Mueller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Of course ... very cool.  I naturally wonder about using CouchDb as a
> back-end for this.  Couch only reads and writes JSON documents,
> directly, but allows arbitrary binary content to be saved as
> attachments to those JSON documents.

+1, I'm a big fan of CouchDb. The pairing of Lively and CouchDb makes
a lot of sense,@least until we have something even better :)

Dan Amelang