General protection fault - invalid instruction executed

General protection fault - invalid instruction executed

maheshsrini
Hi,

I have a DLL file nad that needs to be accessed from my smalltalk client. Whenver i'm trying to access the DLL i get this error "General protection fault - invalid instruction executed".

The runtime error message is:
 'Primitive failed in: PlatformFunction>>#callWithArguments:
 due to General protection fault - invalid instruction executed'.

The interaction is as follows, whenever i trigger a button in the client, it should invoke the DLL and display the parameters retrieved from the DLL file.

Has anyone come across this problem ?.

Re: [vwnc] General protection fault - invalid instruction executed

Holger Kleinsorgen-4
> I have a DLL file nad that needs to be accessed from my smalltalk client.
> Whenver i'm trying to access the DLL i get this error "General protection
> fault - invalid instruction executed".
>
> The runtime error message is:
>  'Primitive failed in: PlatformFunction>>#callWithArguments:
>  due to General protection fault - invalid instruction executed'.

to avoid guessing, it would be helpful to know at least
- the C declaration of the DLL function
- the arguments that are passed to the function

also, after googling a bit, it looks like a VA Smalltalk error
(EsPrimErrGPFInvalidInstruction):

http://www2.instantiations.com/VAST/Docs/pr/stpr472.htm

in this case, it might be more suitable to ask the question on VA
smalltalk mailing list / group.