Generate class hierarchy from JSON Schema

Generate class hierarchy from JSON Schema

SergeStinckwich
Hi there,

anyone has experience about generating a class hierarchy from a JSON Schema ? Code available somewhere ?

Thank you.

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroon
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: Generate class hierarchy from JSON Schema

NorbertHartl
We have

which is an implementation of basic stuff in JSON schema. But it does not compile classes it just creates a runtime model. To be honest I never understood why we make the effort to compile classes for parsed model. The runtime model works usually pretty well. The only reason I can see is that it is easier to store somewhere.

If you like our code and you miss things, we are eager to add the stuff we not had (yet) reason to do so.

Norbert

Am 18.01.2020 um 09:20 schrieb Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>:

Hi there,

anyone has experience about generating a class hierarchy from a JSON Schema ? Code available somewhere ?

Thank you.

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroon
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: Generate class hierarchy from JSON Schema

SergeStinckwich
Great work ! I will have a look.

I want to be able to generate JSON files following a JSON Schema with a high level API. So my idea was to generate automatically from JSON Schema the class hierarchy but a runtime model might be enough maybe.

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone

Eric

https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: Generate class hierarchy from JSON Schema

eftomi
Todd, this is great, I didn't know that you are working on ActiveRecord.

BTW, I have some minor additions to SQLServerPlatform (support for National
Language Character Set) and OraclePlatform (Decimal data type) - is there a
central git repository for Glorp so that I could PR to?

Thanks and best wishes,
Tomaz

Re: Generate class hierarchy from JSON Schema

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
The official is https://github.com/pharo-rdbms/glorp (The one I forked at pharo-db - a username I need to change as it is causing confusion).

I've been mostly working with P3 and SQLite together.  I've standardized the query results format for fetching field definitions so if you want to add support for another db, please note the format of the result set and structure yours appropriately.

I would very much like all the databases to be hosted under pharo-rdbms and all of them to have glorp adaptors and the additional meta structure queries I'm adding to the GlorpPlatform classes to enable ActiveRecord.  I feel like Pharo's RDBMS story has been lagging and the lack of ready to go database support keeps people from building apps on it.

There are a zillion little business CRUD apps that could be knocked out with spec2 or Seaside.

Please, dive in and make improvements.

> On Jan 20, 2020, at 9:15 AM, eftomi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Todd, this is great, I didn't know that you are working on ActiveRecord.
>
> BTW, I have some minor additions to SQLServerPlatform (support for National
> Language Character Set) and OraclePlatform (Decimal data type) - is there a
> central git repository for Glorp so that I could PR to?
>
> Thanks and best wishes,
> Tomaz

Re: Generate class hierarchy from JSON Schema

SergeStinckwich
I had a look Norbert, but some features are missing like support for anyOf or multiple types like:
{
    "type": ["string", "null"]
}

I need some time to understand how to add them.

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 9:55 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Serge,

as I mentioned at first you need to complain. I meant it that if you miss stuff I'm eager to add that. Of course it would be lovely if you do it yourself. Just saying that if there is need I can look into. Don't forget open issues on the git repo and add examples what you want to parse or submit a PR with a red test that would be best.

Norbert

Am 20.01.2020 um 19:34 schrieb Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Thanks, Todd - I'll prepare a PR for https://github.com/pharo-rdbms/glorp to update SQLServerPlatform and OraclePlatform.

I already used the standardized query results format in PharoADO which works nicely with Glorp. You can find PharoADO here: https://github.com/eftomi/pharo-ado. Maybe it can be included into the pharo-rdbms collection if you feel that it's mature enough. PharoADO can be used standalone (as interface to ActiveX Data Objects) or with Glorp.

However, there are some "high level" tests in Glorp package that are still red with Oracle and SQLServer, you can find the list on GitHub under "issues". In particular, I didn't have time yet to implement blobs - PharoADO uses PharoCOM (by Pablo) and firstly we have to settle the Variant SafeArray data type in that package. Now that we have stable Pharo 8.0 64 bit for Windows, PharoCOM should be checked for 64-bits, too.

Anyway, I agree with you that the database support is one of the key success factors for a development platform. I'm focusing into this since I hope that one day I could teach the concepts of business solutions development fully in Pharo :-)

[...]

That would be amazing!

I'm a Mac/Unix guy so I don't have access to the other platforms (I suppose I could fire up an AWS Oracle).  I can do mysql/mariadb, posgresql, and sqlite.

I'm pretty close to pushing my ActiveRecord extensions.  I just need to get many to many with link tables done and it is good to go.  I spent a few days "porting" the ruby inflector and its tests.

As for database introspection, I am relying on this new method and the result set format on DatabasePlatform.

printSqlStatementToListColumnsInTable: aDatabaseTable inSchema: schemaString on: aStream
" Format:
      name           |       type        | length | nullable |     default_value     | pk
 id                      | character varying |    255 |        0 | ''::character varying |  1

Then I can build a whole class model and descriptor system off the schema.

On Jan 22, 2020, at 9:55 AM, Tomaž Turk <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

This is great news about ActiveRecord!

ADO is, unfortunately, a Windows library, so PharoADO is limited to Windows. Maybe as a next step we should focus into Garage and the addition of SQL Server and Oracle support. If I only had time ...

Stéphane, thanks for the support.

Best wishes,
Tomaz