Generating test data

NorbertHartl
My current project (as it grows) becomes quite a complex piece of software. Most of my tests have a huge preamble for setting up test model data for the test. Based on inheritance there are certain aspects unified to save some work. But test data tends to need all permutations of all dimensions of the data to test properly.
I wanted to ask what approaches are there for constructing sample data for complex tests.

thanks,

Norbert

Re: Generating test data

Benoit St-Jean
Test data in which domain?

-----------------
Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

Re: Generating test data

NorbertHartl

Am 12.12.2012 um 15:07 schrieb Benoit St-Jean <[hidden email]>:

Test data in which domain?

Any domain. Calling it "test data" might be misleading. I wanted to know about constructing a test model. Meaning a graph with basic set of objects that are interlinked. But the completeness (containing state) differs from test run to test run. So I think there might be special techniques to construct that.

Norbert

Benoit St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
(Albert Einstein)

Re: Generating test data

Paul DeBruicker
What about making a TestResource that holds all permutations in a
collection?