Get a symbolic link's reference.

Skip Lentz-2
Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to get the path a symbolic link points to? For example, I have a file /foo/x, and a symbolic link /foo/bar/link, which points to /foo/x. I would like to get the path /foo/x (or ../x) somehow from /foo/bar/link

Skip

Re: Get a symbolic link's reference.

ccrraaiigg

Hoi Skip--

> Does anyone know of a way to get the path a symbolic link points to?
> For example, I have a file /foo/x, and a symbolic link /foo/bar/link,
> which points to /foo/x. I would like to get the path /foo/x (or ../x)
> somehow from /foo/bar/link

     You could parse the output from a CommandShell command (from the
OSProcess package).

-C

--
Craig Latta