Gettext with pharo 3 and seaside 3.1.2

123

Re: Gettext with pharo 3 and seaside 3.1.2

Marcus Denker-4

On 14 Sep 2014, at 19:16, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Marcus I think that we should sync because personally I do not want to giant kernel. I want a bootstrap and modular packages.
> I think that making all the packages internal to the image is a recipe to get a monolithic system.
> I do not see why loading a package would hurt.

Yes, let’s discuss it sometimes this week.

> Stef
>

> On 14/9/14 12:59, Marcus Denker wrote:
>> On 13 Sep 2014, at 20:51, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> So I'm checking and when we load Gettext,
>>> System-Localization only contains
>>>    ISOLanguageDefinition
>>>    Locale
>>>
>>> Locale is used by LanguageEnvironment, LocalID, TimeZone, Unicode
>>>
>>> When we will clean leadingChar some of these will go away.
>>>
>>> So not all the package System-Localisation can be moved out the image to got in a newer version of getText
>>>

>> Localization is very basic functionality that should be provided by the platform itself.
>> We are in the situation that we are in only because people see Pharo as something “to build on top”.
>>
>> This way everyone does their own I18N stuff, while the right thing would be to have *one* that is good and
>> part or Pharo itself.
>>
>> Just think about it: Pharo itself should have translated menus. So we need *something* in the system anyway.
>> Why then not make it good and make it the one that everyone is using?
>>
>> Marcus

What to use?

FDominicus
If one is intersted in graphics of diverse functions?

E.g plotting x^2,x^3 and the like. I checked the DrGeo stuff but that's
geometry and not just analysis of functions and the like?

Does there exist something for that?

Regards
Friedrich

Re: What to use?

EstebanLM
probably GraphET

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.566523986767536.1073741839.340543479365589&type=3

On 25 Sep 2014, at 09:08, Friedrich Dominicus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If one is intersted in graphics of diverse functions?
>
> E.g plotting x^2,x^3 and the like. I checked the DrGeo stuff but that's
> geometry and not just analysis of functions and the like?
>
> Does there exist something for that?
>
> Regards
> Friedrich

Re: What to use?

FDominicus
Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> writes:

> probably GraphET
>
> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.566523986767536.1073741839.340543479365589&type=3
Thanks, that seems to be it

Regards