Getting Pharo to Mars?

philippeback

Given

http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/09/spacexs-big-fking-rocket-the-full-story.html

we should find some way to get Pharo into it somehow.

Anyone having ideas on how to do that?

Phil

Re: Getting Pharo to Mars?

Clément Béra
The first thing is to get naturalised as a US citizen.

It seems that the space market has been opened to private companies in the US, but they're still quite skeptical about sharing knowledge with non american citizens. If you want to work with Space X, you have either to be an american citizen or have something they really really really want to convince them to work with you (and even so, it's likely your native country matters).

Quoting their website:

To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 6:27 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Given

http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/09/spacexs-big-fking-rocket-the-full-story.html

we should find some way to get Pharo into it somehow.

Anyone having ideas on how to do that?

Phil

Re: Getting Pharo to Mars?

kilon.alios
Its highly unlikely that SpaceX will be the only one to go to Mars , as its curently planned is it will take 7+ years best case scenario to send first humans to Mars. Thats plenty of time for other USA and non USA companies to join in. Plus there is no prediction where technology will be in a decade. Include to this that US is 1/4th of the global economy this story has just started to unveil. Include also the fact that our ever growing population is unstoppable, this alone is a huge motivating factor because the alternative is a humanitarian , ecological and economy crisis human race has ever experienced.

Pharo will get to Mars since laptops will get to Mars eventually :)

There is no need to find a way to get it there we already have the technology in place, its just a matter of improving it.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 8:17 AM Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Richard Sargent
Administrator
Clément Bera-4 wrote
The first thing is to get naturalised as a US citizen.
I think you would be much further ahead to find someone who works for the ESA.
(Or maybe approach the ESA itself directly!)

wrote:

> Given
>
> http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/09/spacexs-big-fking-rocket-the-full-story.html
>
> we should find some way to get Pharo into it somehow.
>
> Anyone having ideas on how to do that?
>
> Phil

Re: Getting Pharo to Mars?

philippe.back@highoctane.be