Getting Started Guide

Manfred Kröhnert
Hi all,

since we even got a StackOverflow question about setting up Amber correctly [1] I added a heading to the wiki page to redirect users to http://docs.amber-lang.net/.

Maybe we should remove the old text completely.

Best,
Manfred

Re: Getting Started Guide

Siemen Baader
Hi all,
On 09 Apr 2014, at 09:32, Manfred Kröhnert <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

since we even got a StackOverflow question about setting up Amber correctly [1] I added a heading to the wiki page to redirect users to http://docs.amber-lang.net/.

Maybe we should remove the old text completely.

I think this is a good idea - to remove or archive the docs that do not apply anymore..

best,
Siemen

Re: Getting Started Guide

Nicolas Petton

Hi Manfred,

Thanks, that's a good idea. The new doc will only work with a recent
version taken from master though.

Cheers,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Getting Started Guide

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

I removed the content of the old 'Getting started' wiki page and put it under

    https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Getting-started----version-0.11-and-earlier

I have added some text to reflect the current situation of the documentation.

We still need to lead people how to write their own first app.

Question: How and where can I contribute to the documentation at
http://docs.amber-lang.net/?

--Hannes