Getting Started in in Dolphin

Steve Messamore
Hello,
I am just starting out with AidaWeb 5.0 in Dolphin Smalltalk X6.1.
I have followed the tutorial instructions (AddressBookApp), but find that when I try to access /addressbook.html I get a 404 error message returned.

When I look at setting access rights etc, I see the old 'test' site instead of my 'aidademo', however I can see the /addressbook.html page in the environment.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stveve

Re: Getting Started in in Dolphin

Janko Mivšek
Hi Steve, welcome to the list!

Steve Messamore pravi:

> I am just starting out with AidaWeb 5.0 in Dolphin Smalltalk X6.1.
> I have followed the tutorial instructions (AddressBookApp), but find that
> when I try to access /addressbook.html I get a 404 error message returned.
>
> When I look at setting access rights etc, I see the old 'test' site instead
> of my 'aidademo', however I can see the /addressbook.html page in the
> environment.
> Any suggestions?

Dolphin Aida port is pretty old and I suspect many things are different
there. So you'll need to use a tutorial just for a direction and adjust
yourself to that Aida version.

For start, did you manage to run Aida yet? Then inspect SwazooServer
singleton sites, to see what is there and what names have AIDASites. If
this is a 'test', well, then just use that name while working with a
tutorial.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Getting Started in in Dolphin

Steve Messamore
Thanks,
I did get the Test site running.
I am looking at replacing a ruby on rails app with Aidaweb, It's purpose will to be a DSS/Reprting system for our in house management, although some of our field operatives will be using it.

I will muddle along and sort it out.
Janko Mivsek wrote
Hi Steve, welcome to the list!

Steve Messamore pravi:

> I am just starting out with AidaWeb 5.0 in Dolphin Smalltalk X6.1.
> I have followed the tutorial instructions (AddressBookApp), but find that
> when I try to access /addressbook.html I get a 404 error message returned.
>
> When I look at setting access rights etc, I see the old 'test' site instead
> of my 'aidademo', however I can see the /addressbook.html page in the
> environment.
> Any suggestions?

Dolphin Aida port is pretty old and I suspect many things are different
there. So you'll need to use a tutorial just for a direction and adjust
yourself to that Aida version.

For start, did you manage to run Aida yet? Then inspect SwazooServer
singleton sites, to see what is there and what names have AIDASites. If
this is a 'test', well, then just use that name while working with a
tutorial.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Getting Started in in Dolphin

Janko Mivšek
Steve Messamore pravi:

> I did get the Test site running.
> I am looking at replacing a ruby on rails app with Aidaweb, It's purpose
> will to be a DSS/Reprting system for our in house management, although some
> of our field operatives will be using it.

Nice project!

> I will muddle along and sort it out.

Can you at least temporary switch to Squeak or VisualWorks? It will be
much easier for us helping you that way.

Janko