Getting a code snippet from SqueakSource (similar to #ensureFix: in Mantis)

Getting a code snippet from SqueakSource (similar to #ensureFix: in Mantis)

marcel.taeumel (old)
Hi!

Is there a convenient way to load a specific piece of code (i.e., some methods from a version from a package from a repo) from SqueakSource?

I want to load some code from the Squeak trunk with a Metacello script for a project that is meant to be used in Squeak 4.3.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Getting a code snippet from SqueakSource (similar to #ensureFix: in Mantis)

Göran Krampe
On 10/08/2012 10:55 AM, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a convenient way to load a specific piece of code (i.e., some
> methods from a version from a package from a repo) from SqueakSource?

You can always simply unzip the mcz (its a zip file) and then take a
look at the .st file in there. :)

regards, Göran

Re: Getting a code snippet from SqueakSource (similar to #ensureFix: in Mantis)

Hans-Martin Mosner
A little more confortable is to use the monticello browser. With it you can open a repository and look at each version with a normal browser. There you can file in code as well.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

On 10/08/2012 10:55 AM, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a convenient way to load a specific piece of code (i.e., some
> methods from a version from a package from a repo) from SqueakSource?

You can always simply unzip the mcz (its a zip file) and then take a
look at the .st file in there. :)

regards, Göran

Re: Getting a code snippet from SqueakSource (similar to #ensureFix: in Mantis)

marcel.taeumel (old)
I'm looking for some Smalltalk code that I can use in the Metacello post-load script. ;-) No manual interaction with Squeak tools possible.

Something like "Installer mantis ensureFix: 1234." but for SqueakSource/Monticello.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Getting a code snippet from SqueakSource (similar to #ensureFix: in Mantis)

Chris Muller-3
It would help if you could be more specific about what you're wanting
to do -- what inputs do you have, what output do you want?

You might start by looking at MCRepository, it lets you access the
versions of a repository.  By reading just the latest version you can
access the full change-history text.

However if you want to scan the #source of MCMethodDefinitions of each
version then check out MCVersionReader to access those definitions.