Getting back the old fonts

hernanmd
Hi all,

I would like to get back the old fonts in my Pharo image (please see
attachment), any tips or script?
Cheers,

Hernán

OldFonts.jpg (26K) Download Attachment

Re: Getting back the old fonts

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 6:07 AM, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to get back the old fonts in my Pharo image (please see
attachment), any tips or script?

Which are the old ?   TrueType ? or what it was before TrueType (what it is in core)?

To put TrueType again, be sure to have the Dejavu fonts and then evaluate:

    | font codeFont titleFont |

    FreeTypeFontProvider current updateFromSystem.

   font := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 10.
   codeFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans Mono' pointSize: 9.
   titleFont := LogicalFont familyName: 'DejaVu Sans' pointSize: 11.

   Preferences
       setListFontTo: font;
       setMenuFontTo: font;
       setCodeFontTo: codeFont;
       setButtonFontTo: font;
       setSystemFontTo: font;
       setWindowTitleFontTo: titleFont.

Now what I don't know is how to come back to the fonts that were in the kernel, I mean, how to disable TrueType fonts. Someone know ?

Cheers

Mariano

Cheers,

Hernán

Re: Getting back the old fonts

hernanmd
Hi Mariano

2010/5/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 6:07 AM, Hernán Morales Durand
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to get back the old fonts in my Pharo image (please see
>> attachment), any tips or script?
>
> Which are the old ?   TrueType ? or what it was before TrueType (what it is
> in core)?

I don't know their name, they were included by default in PharoCore
0.1 and earlier 1.0 images (see the attached screenshot). I have a
really slow machine and with those fonts there were a really good
performance.

Hernán

Re: Getting back the old fonts

Mariano Martinez Peck
I don't know, can you try evaluating:

StrikeFont installDejaVu

Maybe Henrik can help you.

Cheers

Mariano

ps: what are you doing wake up at this argentinian time ?   ;)