Getting re-started

1 message Options

Getting re-started

Gemstone/S mailing list

Hi all,

Need a resource , perhaps a blog post to get me back up and running.

I was a Gemstone user a while ago using Gembuilder for VW but now I’m interested in using it from Pharo which has no direct interface given what I understand.

I know that Zinc is available so I can post json/http etc to effect change.

What I would like to quickly understand is what tools I can use to develop, debug , code for GS i.e. given that there’s no Gembuilder.

Secondarily since there’s no GemBuilder what mechanisms are there to notify the UI of change in GS ? Web sockets ?

Finally , do you all have some other mechanism besides mailing lists to interact ? i.e. a Discord or Slack channel perhaps.

Thanks

-Charles