Getting rid of the blinking cursor?

Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen
Is it possible to get rid of the blinking cursor?  I prefer the
non-blinking which is default on Squeak.

Maybe there should be a preference setting for this?

--
Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen

Re: Getting rid of the blinking cursor?

hernanmd
2009/11/26 Henrik Jegbjerg Hansen <[hidden email]>:
> Is it possible to get rid of the blinking cursor?  I prefer the
> non-blinking which is default on Squeak.

TextMorph allInstancesDo:[: each | each stopBlinking ]

> Maybe there should be a preference setting for this?

Yes, you should change (or remove) in #keyboardFocusChange: the
blinking behavior.
See senders of #addPreference:categories:... to install a new preference.

Hernán

Re: Getting rid of the blinking cursor?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi hernan

it was nice to meet you :)

This is the old way to define preference we will get rid of them...
The rigt way is to have a classVar or something at the level of the packages that does it and to trigger it via the setting framework.

> addPreference:categories:

I imgaine that soon alain will publish a new version and we will integrate it.

Re: Getting rid of the blinking cursor?

Alain Plantec-4
Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
> This is the old way to define preference we will get rid of them...
> The rigt way is to have a classVar or something at the level of the packages that does it and to trigger it via the setting framework.

yes but I would suggest to wait before implementing new settings until
already
existing preferences are all migrated to the new framework.

> I imgaine that soon alain will publish a new version and we will integrate it.

yes! see my next mail
Cheers
Alain

Re: Getting rid of the blinking cursor?

hernanmd
Hi Stef, nice talking in the sprint :)
I didn't knew about the status of the new preference framework, so
let's wait for the integration.
Regards

Hernán

2009/11/27 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Hi hernan
>
> it was nice to meet you :)
>
> This is the old way to define preference we will get rid of them...
> The rigt way is to have a classVar or something at the level of the packages that does it and to trigger it via the setting framework.
>
>> addPreference:categories:
>
> I imgaine that soon alain will publish a new version and we will integrate it.

Re: Getting rid of the blinking cursor?

Stéphane Ducasse
integration is done :)