Getting string text with string id from a DLL (#messagesFromDLL:index)

Getting string text with string id from a DLL (#messagesFromDLL:index)

Alex Greber

hi

I have a DLL and want to get out some messages with the string id.
OS: Windows7.

e.g.
DLL: tzres.dll
string id: 322

I cant' figure it out how to user #messagesFromDLL:index: to get the message.

any hints?
regards ... alex

Re: Getting string text with string id from a DLL (#messagesFromDLL:index)

Marten Feldtmann-2
| aDictionary |

aDictionary := Dictionary new.
aDictionary
 at: 'someName' put: 322 .

RCConverter new messagesFromDLL: 'tzres.dll' index: aDictionary
.

(aDictionary at: 'someName') asString -> 'Mitteleuropäische Zeit'

Re: Getting string text with string id from a DLL (#messagesFromDLL:index)

Alex Greber
Thanks Marten!

With this little change it worked for me:

| aDictionary |
aDictionary := Dictionary new.
aDictionary
 at: 'someName' put: 321 .
aDictionary := RCConverter new messagesFromDLL: 'tzres.dll' index: aDictionary.