Giving skype lectures to cameron students

Giving skype lectures to cameron students

stepharo
Hi

we are giving some skype lectures to cameron students with damien.
A fun experience, because the network is so bad that I cannot demo Pharo
interactively.
But I'm learning from it.

Re: Giving skype lectures to cameron students

Paul DeBruicker
Have you considered setting them up as a 'view only' RFB user and let them have at least one computer attach with a big monitior?

 I know its possible using the RFB package.

Or the reverse where the Pharo image is on one of their machines, many of them are view only, and you are the RFB user controlling it remotely? I wonder how many RFB connections are too many for one image.

Or alternately use freenx or xpra to achieve the same?

stepharo wrote
Hi

we are giving some skype lectures to cameron students with damien.
A fun experience, because the network is so bad that I cannot demo Pharo
interactively.
But I'm learning from it.

Re: Giving skype lectures to cameron students

SergeStinckwich
With Yaoundé ?
Yes we have the same problem in my research team where we work daily with people from Cameroun and Senegal.
Most of the time, the students are using Internet in a café because at University the bandwidth is not good ...

Sent from my iPhone

> On 25 juin 2015, at 19:49, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> we are giving some skype lectures to cameron students with damien.
> A fun experience, because the network is so bad that I cannot demo Pharo interactively.
> But I'm learning from it.
>
> Stef

Re: Giving skype lectures to cameron students

stepharo
Hi Paul
> Have you considered setting them up as a 'view only' RFB user and let them
> have at least one computer attach with a big monitior?

The problem is that when I press on a keynote, it takes 4 seconds so
that they see it :)