[Glamour] A way to request a string from the user

[Glamour] A way to request a string from the user

Damien Cassou
Hi,

is there any way to request a string from the user with Glamour.
Something equivalent to:

UIManager default request: 'foo'

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [Glamour] A way to request a string from the user

Stephan Eggermont-3
Damien wrote

>is there any way to request a string from the user with Glamour.
Something equivalent to:

UIManager default request: 'foo'

Take a look at DiegoLont/LightHouse on smalltalkhub for sample code

Stephan

Re: [Glamour] A way to request a string from the user

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

This is something I like in the OB implementation. It would be cool to extend Glamour with the OB-like notification infrastructure. Anyone interested? :)

Cheers,
Doru

On May 29, 2013, at 2:02 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Damien wrote
>
>> is there any way to request a string from the user with Glamour.
> Something equivalent to:
>
> UIManager default request: 'foo'
>
> Take a look at DiegoLont/LightHouse on smalltalkhub for sample code
>
> Stephan

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."

Re: [Glamour] A way to request a string from the user

abergel
I do not understand. What OB has that Glamour does not have?

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 31 May 2013, at 01:10, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is something I like in the OB implementation. It would be cool to extend Glamour with the OB-like notification infrastructure. Anyone interested? :)
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On May 29, 2013, at 2:02 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Damien wrote
>>
>>> is there any way to request a string from the user with Glamour.
>> Something equivalent to:
>>
>> UIManager default request: 'foo'
>>
>> Take a look at DiegoLont/LightHouse on smalltalkhub for sample code
>>
>> Stephan

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

Re: [Glamour] A way to request a string from the user

Tudor Girba-2
OB has a nice way of spawning dialogs for acquiring user information. It is based on notifications. There exists a prototype in Glamour (see the Glamour-Morphic-Renderer-Spotter package) , but it was not completed. It would be great to have it finished.

Doru

On Jun 1, 2013, at 4:42 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I do not understand. What OB has that Glamour does not have?
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 31 May 2013, at 01:10, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is something I like in the OB implementation. It would be cool to extend Glamour with the OB-like notification infrastructure. Anyone interested? :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On May 29, 2013, at 2:02 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Damien wrote

>>> Something equivalent to:
>>>
>>> UIManager default request: 'foo'
>>>
>>> Take a look at DiegoLont/LightHouse on smalltalkhub for sample code
>>>
>>> Stephan
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Don't give to get. Just give."