[Glamour] How to know which tab generated a selection transmission?

[Glamour] How to know which tab generated a selection transmission?

jfabry
Hi all,

I have the following setup:

        browser transmit to: #cls; andShow: [:a |
                a title: 'Classes'.
                a list title: 'H'; display: self cprops.
                a list title: 'W'; display: self cprops].

(where self cprops returns what it should. Not really important for this discussion.)

and I have
        browser transmit to: #mpanel; from: #cls; andShow: [:a |
                a mondrian painting: [:view :classprop |

Now I would like to know if the classprop that comes from #cls was selected on the 'H' tab or on the 'W' tab.  I tried
        browser transmit to: #mpanel; from: #cls; from: #cls->#activeEntity; andShow: [:a |
                a mondrian painting: [:view :classprop :classtab|

but classtab is always nil. Also, supposing this works, every time a tab is switched this would lead to a mondrian redraw, which is not what I want ...

So how do I do this?

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

Re: [Glamour] How to know which tab generated a selection transmission?

Tudor Girba
This information is not available.

One possibility would be to use the #send: from your list to transform
the output. For example, you could do something like:

        a list title: 'H'; display: self cprops; send: [:x | 1->x].
        a list title: 'W'; display: self cprops; send: [:x | 2->x].

Cheers,
Doru

On 7 May 2010, at 01:43, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have the following setup:
>
> browser transmit to: #cls; andShow: [:a |
> a title: 'Classes'.
> a list title: 'H'; display: self cprops.
> a list title: 'W'; display: self cprops].
>
> (where self cprops returns what it should. Not really important for
> this discussion.)
>
> and I have
> browser transmit to: #mpanel; from: #cls; andShow: [:a |
> a mondrian painting: [:view :classprop |
>
> Now I would like to know if the classprop that comes from #cls was
> selected on the 'H' tab or on the 'W' tab.  I tried
> browser transmit to: #mpanel; from: #cls; from: #cls-
> >#activeEntity; andShow: [:a |
> a mondrian painting: [:view :classprop :classtab|
>
> but classtab is always nil. Also, supposing this works, every time a
> tab is switched this would lead to a mondrian redraw, which is not
> what I want ...
>
> So how do I do this?
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

www.tudorgirba.com

"Live like you mean it."

Re: [Glamour] How to know which tab generated a selection transmission?

jfabry

Yes, excellent trick! Now the tabs work as I want them to. Thanks a lot Doru!