Glamour - JQCheckTree

Mirko-2
Figured out that I need to put a serializeThisWithHidden for each
checkbox to trigger a callback.

renderCheckTreeFor: aClass on: html

        html listItem: [
                html checkbox onChange: (html jQuery ajax serializeThisWithHidden);
                callback: [:value | aClass name inspect].
                html label: aClass name, 'abc'.
                aClass subclasses isEmpty ifFalse: [
                        html unorderedList: [
                                aClass subclasses do: [:each | self renderCheckTreeFor: each on:
html]]]]

The default Glamour Seaside rendering is not really what I'm looking for
because it doesn't allow things like drag & drop, icons, ...

So I want to try and change the rendering using JQCheckTree instead of
the html select.
Anyone who has already put some work into that direction?

Mirko Kiefer

Re: Glamour - JQCheckTree

Lukas Renggli
> The default Glamour Seaside rendering is not really what I'm looking for
> because it doesn't allow things like drag & drop, icons, ...

AFAIK Glamour does not (yet) implement drag and drop in any of its
views. Icons can be easily added though.

> So I want to try and change the rendering using JQCheckTree instead of
> the html select.
> Anyone who has already put some work into that direction?

Please go ahead. I don't think that anybody is working on the Seaside
view at the moment.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Glamour - JQCheckTree

Gerhard Obermann
Where can I find Seaside Glamour?

Cheers,
Gerhard

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The default Glamour Seaside rendering is not really what I'm looking for
> because it doesn't allow things like drag & drop, icons, ...

AFAIK Glamour does not (yet) implement drag and drop in any of its
views. Icons can be easily added though.

> So I want to try and change the rendering using JQCheckTree instead of
> the html select.
> Anyone who has already put some work into that direction?

Please go ahead. I don't think that anybody is working on the Seaside
view at the moment.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Glamour - JQCheckTree

Lukas Renggli
> Where can I find Seaside Glamour?

In the Glamour Repository:

    http://www.squeaksource.com/Glamour

The package Glamour-Seaside is not loaded by default. It depends on
Seaside 3.0 and the latest JQuery stuff.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Glamour - JQCheckTree

Mirko-2
Hi Gerhard,
there is a subsection in the standard Glamour repository
(http://www.squeaksource.com/Glamour) called "Glamour-Seaside".

Mirko

On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 08:36 +0100, Gerhard Obermann wrote:

> Where can I find Seaside Glamour?
>
> Cheers,
> Gerhard
>
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>         > The default Glamour Seaside rendering is not really what I'm
>         looking for
>         > because it doesn't allow things like drag & drop, icons, ...
>

>         AFAIK Glamour does not (yet) implement drag and drop in any of
>         its
>         views. Icons can be easily added though.
>
>         > So I want to try and change the rendering using JQCheckTree
>         instead of
>         > the html select.
>         > Anyone who has already put some work into that direction?
>

>         Please go ahead. I don't think that anybody is working on the
>         Seaside
>         view at the moment.
>
>         Cheers,
>         Lukas
>
>         --
>         Lukas Renggli
>         http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Glamour - JQCheckTree

Lukas Renggli
> Yeah you can use icons and context menus for the Morphic rendering - but
> in seaside both doesn't work as far as I know.

Yes, that's not implemented, but could be added if needed.

There is a lot of other functionality missing: multi-selection,
filtering, tagging, the finder browser, the morphic views, ... Another
problem (design decision) is that Glamour-Seaside only works in
FireFox and Safari, as it makes extensive use of CSS 3 vbox and hbox
extensions.

The focus is mainly on the morphic interface at the moment. I don't
have much time to improve the Seaside interface, so it is always
lagging behind. If anybody would like to step in, that would be great.

> I actually don't think
> its possible to add icons to html select elements so something like
> JQCheckTree would be needed for that.

Normally images in select lists should work. Options can contain
arbitrary HTML and can be styled using CSS, at least in target group
of modern web browsers.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli