Glamour-Merilin-Mondrian

Júlio Martins
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Glamour-Merilin-Mondrian

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

In general, if you are looking for a code solution, it goes much faster if you provide some code for us to work on.

You asked how to run the example with updateable browsers. Every example from the GLMBasicExamples has a comment with a sample of running it. In this case, it would be:
|collection|
collection := GLMAnnouncingCollection new.
collection add: 1; add: 2; add: 3.
GLMBasicExamples new updateableIndividualPresentations openOn: collection.

But, coming back to the problem, let me summarize what I understood the problem is, and then you tell us if it is so:
- you have a browser
- in that browser you have an action that opens a Merlin wizard
- you want that given the value returned by the wizard to update the whole browser, or just a part of it

If this is correct, you can probably do something like:
browser act: [:b | filterWizard atEndDo: [...]. b update ] entitled: '...'

Cheers,
Doru

On 15 Dec 2011, at 14:37, Júlio Martins wrote:

> Very nice!
>
> This is what I was needing. This method atEndDo serves to me good. However i can't update the view yet. The current modrian view persist and I can't show a new view based on the value gotten from the wizard.
> Following the code that I am using. The method distributionMapIn: with: just build the view. I thought this was sufficient to update the view, but it doesn't work.The old view persist.
>
> filterWizard := WizardControl new
> atEndDo:[:wizardInformation|
> browser transmit
> to: #map;
> andShow: [ :a | self distributionMapIn: a with: (wizardInformation at: #textEntry) ]. ]
>
> How can I show the new view?
>
> On 14 December 2011 16:48, Cyrille Delaunay [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think that what you are looking for is the place where to retrieve the values returned by your wizard and update your visualization according it.
> What you could do is: when you create your merlin wizard, send the message 'atEndDo:', where your specify a block with the action to perform at the end of the wizard:
>
>   WizardControl new
>          ...;
>          ...;
>          atEndDo: [:wizardInformations | updateVisualizationWith: (wizardInformations at: #key)].
>

> 2011/12/14 Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]>
>

> > A mondrian browser call a window that contain radio buttons, text field. A value that I need will be on text field, so when I performed an action in a button finish, I can update the view in back window. ( ok?)
> > How a good manner to do it?
>
> Hi!
> I still do not understand the example. How a Mondrian browser can call a window?
> Maybe a screenshot will help us help you
>
> Alexandre

> Cyrille Delaunay
> http://cyrilledelaunay.seasidehosting.st/

> http://forum.world.st/Glamour-Merilin-Mondrian-tp4195096p4196469.html
> To start a new topic under Moose, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from Moose, click here.
> NAML

> Sent from the Moose mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

www.tudorgirba.com

"To utilize feedback, you first have to acquire it."